User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2021 8:12:06 PM EDT
Looking for a 1-6 for my 16" ar15 and wonder if anyone runs this
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a buddy that runs one on his 18in and another on a 10.3.  I’m looking to get one for a 16in build, I have two TR24’s that I really like. The glass is much better on the TR25z
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:01:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one on a 16" mrp. Glass is excellent and it has that heads up display effect like a razor 1-6. Its a bit on the heavy/bulky side. Great on a midweight rifle but was a bit much when I tried it on my lightweight 14.5.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:23:43 AM EDT
[#3]
My two are on a 14” .223 and 12.5” 6.5G. What specifically are you wondering OP?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My two are on a 14” .223 and 12.5” 6.5G. What specifically are you wondering OP?
View Quote

I'm assuming you have triangles. Do you dial yours? With the good weather coming I'm wanting to stretch things out a bit. It boggles my mind with all the lpvo out there with exposed turrets that don't need them that we can't get one on this scope that actually does.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm assuming you have triangles. Do you dial yours? With the good weather coming I'm wanting to stretch things out a bit. It boggles my mind with all the lpvo out there with exposed turrets that don't need them that we can't get one on this scope that actually does.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah you could dial them but it’s really not where the optic shines for me. I like the 25 as a red dot that zooms to 6X, and try to treat it as such. I zero mine to be within 2” +/- POA for as far as possible. Depending on setup that usually equates to a 150ish m zero. And yeah I like the triangles. The triangle is really where the 24/25 shine for sure. If I were wanting a more traditional reticle, I’d use most any other LPVO that executes the illuminated dot concept better. I like the 25 for its unique giant and blazing bright triangle.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 11:51:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm wanting a good 1-6 on my recce. Dont have money for nightforce lol.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 12:03:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I’ve got a Trijicon Accupoint 1-4 on one of my rifles and I like it a lot.

It’s older tech and not as great and my Razor 1-6 or NX8 but definitely capable.

Zeroed at 100y for the tip of the triangle has me at 250 for the base.

Fast like a red dot that can go to 4x
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 2:57:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know that I'd consider it great for a rec. Its great for snap shooting or hosing stuff down but its not exactly a precision optic. The trijicon credo 1-6 with led dot might be better and around the same price. Smaller and lighter too.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top