Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/14/2022 10:57:10 AM EDT
I’m noticing that a lot of them look like this. The area I circled is different than normal A2 lowers I’m used to seeing and is... undesirable.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I just googled "80% lower" (not that I had to) and the first 5 results (stopped there because) don't look like that.

80-lower.com
80percentarms.com
5Dtactical.com
Daytonatactical.com
ar-15lowerreceivers.com

So, I'd say no, that's not typical.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like daytonatactical might have what I want.
Attachment Attached File

A lot of the ones I found and that you linked have integral trigger guards and lack the detent spring channel on the right side.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple andrerson 80% lowers.  Hard to imagine they'd use a different forging for their 80% and 100% ones.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Doesn’t directly answer your question, but this thread might be of interest:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Current-Cerro-Lower-Receiver-Forgings/127-759217/
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/245718/487E5D60-FC3B-4E82-BA86-E7B9408460AD_jpe-2240037.JPG
A lot of the ones I found and that you linked have integral trigger guards and lack the detent spring channel on the right side.
View Quote

Friends don't let friends shop Daytona Tactical

Or Davidson Defense, or Delta Team Tactical, or Omega, etc.  They are all the same and suck equally.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’m noticing that a lot of them look like this. The area I circled is different than normal A2 lowers I’m used to seeing and is... undesirable.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/245718/9BB99E91-E07B-43AC-B2DC-732818E9219C_jpe-2239937.JPG
View Quote

That is the profile the Army wants for all new lowers as of 13 August 2004.

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Great info, thanks.

Quoted:

Or Davidson Defense, or Delta Team Tactical, or Omega, etc.  They are all the same and suck equally.
View Quote

That would have been my next question.
Anybody know a reputable place to get an older style 80?
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#8]
The last ones I got from Precision Reflex were the older style, doesn't look like they have anodized.

I would not rely on product pictures to determine what version vendors are selling.

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The last ones I got from Precision Reflex were the older style, doesn't look like they have anodized.

I would not rely on product pictures to determine what version vendors are selling.

View Quote

This /\/\

The photos are usually old.  I would call and ask first what forgings a vendor has.  I did, and still got the new ones last time I bought some.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/245718/487E5D60-FC3B-4E82-BA86-E7B9408460AD_jpe-2240037.JPG

Daytona Tactical is not part of the above pool of shit peddlers, just to be clear.

But I haven't heard much better about them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Daytona Tactical is not part of the above pool of shit peddlers, just to be clear.

View Quote
True. Ordered from Daytona a few times.  Don't expect much in the comms department. The one order just showed up, didn't get a shipping notification.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
True. Ordered from Daytona a few times.  Don't expect much in the comms department. The one order just showed up, didn't get a shipping notification.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BBB LINK
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:54:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

May not be the same family, but kissing cousins they are.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Alright, so avoid daytonatactical... guess this is more complicated than I thought.

Any reason to think forgings from anchor or someone else might not be "new"?
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 12:41:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Just going by the pictures the ones at Matrix arms, Alexandria pro fab, and ghost rifles seem to be the other style.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 9:04:37 PM EDT
[#18]
If I remember, tomorrow, I'll dig out the Brace Built 80's from Tactical$hit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered a receiver set and parts from Daytona Tactical about a year ago.  Got what I ordered without any problems.  But, it also just arrived one day, without any shipping notice or tracking info.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just going by the pictures the ones at Matrix arms, Alexandria pro fab, and ghost rifles seem to be the other style.
View Quote

I have a Matrix 80% I bought several years ago from Brownells.  Looks just like the photos on Matrix's website.  Beautiful machining and anodizing.  But, be aware it is already engraved SAFE and FIRE on both sides, and the front hole for the trigger guard is drilled all the way through.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I have a Matrix 80% I bought several years ago from Brownells.  Looks just like the photos on Matrix's website.  Beautiful machining and anodizing.  But, be aware it is already engraved SAFE and FIRE on both sides, and the front hole for the trigger guard is drilled all the way through.
View Quote

Might be a plus for some new people.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Might be a plus for some new people.
View Quote

5D makes good lowers.  I cut my 80 from their billet lower and came out very good.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:00:28 PM EDT
[#23]
BraceBuilt 80%'er

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#24]
That's acceptable, thanks for the pic.

Anyone have an experience with Alexandria Pro Fab? They've got other stuff that catches my eye, would be a good one stop order if they're gtg.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That's acceptable, thanks for the pic.

Anyone have an experience with Alexandria Pro Fab? They've got other stuff that catches my eye, would be a good one stop order if they're gtg.
View Quote

I have ordered maybe three times and bought one of their AR lowers once. Don't remember having any problems but I don't look for next day shipping type service from every place I buy.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top