Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2021 7:59:27 PM EDT
I don't remember where I got the pic but I'm really digging the folding stock adapter. Anybody know what kind it is?

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
MDT?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MDT?
View Quote

Good call, looks like the "Fixed to Carbine" version
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Good call, looks like the "Fixed to Carbine" version
View Quote

You guys rock! Thank you so much!
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You guys rock! Thank you so much!
View Quote

Keep in mind that according to manufacturer this seems to be compatible with bolt action style AR's only, but i'm
not sure why that is
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah they should make a proper folder with integrated QD swivel socket.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered one, so we'll see how it looks when I try to install it, ha.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Keep in mind that according to manufacturer this seems to be compatible with bolt action style AR's only, but i'm
not sure why that is
View Quote

From the manufacturer  "The MDT Folding Stock adapters are compatible with most bolt-action chassis rifles that have an AR-style interface."  MDT FSA

This is basically a hinge, and not meant for rifles with a buffer assembly.  There is a hunk of metal that the bolt would run into as it tried to recoil into the receiver extension.  The photo in the original post has a BRN-180 upper assembly, which has all of the recoil mechanism in the upper receiver, and doesn't use a buffer and buffer spring.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#8]
So I got the fixed to carbine adapter the other day. I couldn't make it work without some heavy modifications so I opted to return it and try the carbine to carbine version.

A - the bolts were too long
B - the thread adapter was too thick

So with both of those in place, there was no way the upper was closing. Which was too bad, that fixed side matches up perfecting with the lower.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top