Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/10/2020 2:12:04 PM EDT
I have a 12" LMT piston rifle I put together with their full auto bolt carrier group.  The LMT part number for that FA BCG is L7D3CP.   I was picking up extra parts for it and noticed a "Gen 2" FA BCG bolt with the part number L7D3CPE.  There is no mention of it on LMT's site.  Does anyone know what the difference is?  If not, maybe I'll give LMT a call and ask.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 3:19:38 AM EDT
[#1]
That my friend is the same questions I was asking myself a week ago, the answer is :
the Gen 2 E stands for Estonia, where most of the rifles are going currently.  I've been told by people that it's Enhanced but by a few reliable sources that's is not the case.

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 5:53:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Interesting....sooner or later the Estonioa order should be completed and parts should start flowing our way....seems I have been hearing Estonia order since 1967
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#3]
The BCG should be here today according to tracking. I ordered it because the version I had wasn't in stock and this was labeled as "Gen 2" on the site so I figured I'd rather grab it before they are sold out for another 6 months or more. I'll also send an email to LMT and see if they can give me the details on the new part number.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Good info.  It would make sense with the "E" at the end.  From the pictures online it doesn't appear to look any different.

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:25:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I received a response from Aaron at LMT about the new part number.

"The only real difference is that the G2 has a captive firing pin retainer similar to the .308. They are not yet available and only a few went out to dealers."
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Captive firing pin implemented for E contract
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 9:44:13 PM EDT
[#7]
is it gonna take some special hammer or somthing to shoot ?   like the mcx and hk416? lol
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top