Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2021 11:42:07 AM EDT
Anyone have the UCIW Ultra Compact Stock?  I am thinking about one, but I wanted to get some feedback before I bought one.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you want to know?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one on 16in rifle. No issues I would like a heavier buffer , other than that it's great.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Does it feel too "small"?  Are you able to get it seated in the pocket of your shoulder ok?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Excellent stock.  You’ll be happy with it!
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:42:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm assuming that it's all proprietary (tube, buffer and spring), if so, what's the buffer weight?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Does it feel too "small"?  Are you able to get it seated in the pocket of your shoulder ok?
View Quote
After purchasing and using mine I started to understand just why the older fellas were still using repro's or original CAR-15 stocks. Easy to use, seats very well into the shoulder actually despite it's size.

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:04:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm assuming that it's all proprietary (tube, buffer and spring), if so, what's the buffer weight?
View Quote
Yes, proprietary. They offer an H2 UCIW weight for it if needed, and there's an aftermarket 5.5 as well out there from Heavy Buffers.

https://www.lwrci.com/LWRCI-UCIW-Buffer_p_153.html

http://www.heavybuffers.com/uciw.html#:~:text=Xtra%20Heavy%20UCIW%20Ultra%20Compact,your%20gun%20operate%20more%20smoothly.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I put one on the A5 tube of my National Match AR.  Fits nice.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:57:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, feels great in the pocket.
Yes, seats perfectly for me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:00:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, all proprietary.
I use a jp maxim scs, so not sure on the exact weights of buffer. I'll get the original buffer out and weigh it for you.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got a couple. They work well.  I generally extend them all the way out for shooting.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes, proprietary. They offer an H2 UCIW weight for it if needed, and there's an aftermarket 5.5 as well out there from Heavy Buffers.
View Quote

Why would I potentially want to run a heavier buffer with this?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#13]
If you run a suppresor or hot reloads it helps with a heavy buffer and spring.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks guys!  I just placed an order.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I put one on the A5 tube of my National Match AR.  Fits nice.
View Quote

Okay, i just tried to mount one on a regular OEM tube because of what you posted to see for myself. Dang, it actually works.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I just trim my go to stock to fit the UCIW tube. In this case, a CAR repro. I am also running a trimmed MFT stock on another carbine.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top