Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2020 2:07:31 PM EDT
(Nebo Redline X - Has 4 modes and rechargeable. Turn on (remembers last used) which is a plus. High 720/low 180/strobe at a whopping 1800 lumens/and turbo which will focus beam to spot light 1800 lumens and stays on for 45 seconds.)

I've used it in hvac work, and this particular one has taken a serious beating and is still getting after it. I've used all the functions (not strobe so much) but they all work fine, and that turbo is great when you hear a snake hiss under the house and wanna know really quick where he is!

Since I've gotten to trust it, I was like....why not one for the gun?

The main tube has a diameter just shy of 1" at what looks like 15/16's on the ruler. Calipers currently need a battery, doh. It's "almost" tight and right with a ranger band and a 1" scope ring but it's still a bit shy from "trust" level.

Seems like a clamping device would be the ticket, and was wondering if anyone had fashioned their own ar-15 light mount that had clamping power or could recommend one. Pic or Mlok style. Offset too? Nah, I'm asking too much now.

**EDIT** Rookie moment. The ring I was using, I forgot I had po' boy shimmed it for cant on a different rifle....screw has a nice bend to it...ergo my slop. The main tube looks to be 1". It has a bit cut out on two sides for dexterity is where I was coming up with 15/16's, but has two large enough areas for points of contact that measure 1". Anyone have good luck with a 1" mount they'd share? Offset would be nice too, pic or mlok.

Thanks!
Rob

Link Posted: 5/18/2020 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#1]
When I was 18 I had a Husky flashlight that I used in my construction job. I loved that flashlight and wanted to do the same thing and mount it to my Maverick 88. I bought metal gardner bender hose clamps with rubber lining on them and fashioned a mount on the end of the barrel. It was awesome until I started shooting it and the heat of the barrel melted the rubber...

Doesn't help much except for what not to do, but your post brought me back a ways...!
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Diamond2J:
When I was 18 I had a Husky flashlight that I used in my construction job. I loved that flashlight and wanted to do the same thing and mount it to my Maverick 88. I bought metal gardner bender hose clamps with rubber lining on them and fashioned a mount on the end of the barrel. It was awesome until I started shooting it and the heat of the barrel melted the rubber...

Doesn't help much except for what not to do, but your post brought me back a ways...!
View Quote

It's not what you know, it's what you know NOT to do? Haha I can relate!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top