Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/14/2018 8:21:06 PM EDT
Broken YHM rear sight.

These came off of a ACR I just bought off of gun broker.

At the gun store I was checking the gun over and I tried out the sights. They popped right up. A few minutes later I put the front one down, then put the back one down, but it popped right back up. I tried again... same thing. Then I look at it and found this...

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]
China counterfeit/clone????
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Replace it with a Troy

Or an ARMS 40
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#3]
New question... are they knockoffs?

They look real to me.

They look exactly like these.

https://yhm.net/q-d-s-same-plane-sight-system-1055.html

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 5:49:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Contact YHM.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 6:20:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Contact YHM.
View Quote
I have never seen a counterfeit YHM, I bet YHM will take care of it. Even if it is counterfeit YHM may want it back just the check it out.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 6:28:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have never seen a counterfeit YHM, I bet YHM will take care of it. Even if it is counterfeit YHM may want it back just the check it out.
View Quote
I agree I think they will fix it,  well I mean replace it
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Defects happen.  That's why you have to USE your gear before counting on it.  You need to know it is defect free.

There are two critical times in the life of a piece of gear - the beginning of life and the end.  At each of these times the gear is prone to die.  The early life failures ("infant mortality" or "low cycle fatigue") are due to things like manufacturing defects.  End of life is a wear out phenomenon.

I would bet the seller or YHM will replace that for you, especially if you just bought it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't know why anybody would wast time cloning a YHM anything.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top