Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/20/2021 9:12:43 AM EDT
I have 6 mbt’s and 3 Geissele with plenty of spare trigger and hammer springs. I only shoot a few hundred rounds every couple months,less than that with the Ammo BS. Just wondering if anyone ever have these triggers break somehow. Maybe the folks who regularly shoot thousands of rounds often. Will these triggers outlast the life of a couple chrome lined barrels? Thanks,btw FJB & Kamel toe!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#1]
No failures from either so far.
And yes, FJB and cuntmala.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Never.  I don't have a huge number of miles on my MBT's, but have Geissele's with very high round counts.

I have had RRA's go single stage after 10,000 or so rounds, but they still worked.... just lost 2nd stage, and the repair to bring it back isn't hard.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Never. I have an S3G with about 10k rounds on it and I've considered replacing the springs/pins as a preventative manner, but so far as I can tell these things will run safely and reliably for far longer without any parts replacement.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Never for me, but like FALARAK I had some RRA's go single stage on me, tossed them...

I think Larue has one of their MBTs on a test jig that has over 100K cycles on it with no loss of performance

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never for me, but like FALARAK I had some RRA's go single stage on me, tossed them...
View Quote

Toss them my way next time.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:51:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Toss them my way next time.  
View Quote

This was many years back, 2006-2008 time frame...sorry...have not used RRA triggers since

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:09:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Never, have five SSA's and thousands of rounds.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:34:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes

I had a Hi-speed DMR that I bought from AIM when they first came out. About 5 years ago it just stopped working, it would not reset no matter what. I sent it in for repair and it did it again. I emailed CS and because I didn’t buy it from them they would not warranty it. So I IMed Bill himself and he said to send it in and he would exchange it for a new one. I went with a non adjustable SSA and I’ve been happy ever since.  It kinda soured me they wouldn’t take it back because I didn’t buy it from them, I bought it new from one of their dealers. That should not have been a problem. Because of Bill taking care of it I have purchased at least four more SSAs and G2S plus a 700 2 stage, had he not I wouldn’t bought another thing Geissele.

The DMR was in an Armalite AR-10 that I had about 5,500 rounds through it at the time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:39:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes

I had a Hi-speed DMR that I bought from AIM when they first came out. About 5 years ago it just stopped working, it would not reset no matter what. I sent it in for repair and it did it again. I emailed CS and because I didn’t buy it from them they would not warranty it. So I IMed Bill himself and he said to send it in and he would exchange it for a new one. I went with a non adjustable SSA and I’ve been happy ever since.  It kinda soured me they wouldn’t take it back because I didn’t buy it from them, I bought it new from one of their dealers. That should not have been a problem. Because of Bill taking care of it I have purchased at least four more SSAs and G2S plus a 700 2 stage, had he not I wouldn’t bought another thing Geissele.
View Quote

How do you like the G2S compared to the SSA?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#10]
To me they feel identical...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:27:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Had a SSP that would double sometimes triple after 1st shot with finger off of trigger.  G replaced it, stated it was a heat treat issue. No problems with new one.  I have 4 of his triggers SD3G, S3G x2, and SSP that have been problem free for years. Every company has issues with their products. As long as they take care of it in a timely manner no biggie.  The way he handle the bendy boi rail is another story
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:28:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't see how a MBT could ever break, they are milled out of tool steel.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top