Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2018 6:30:26 PM EDT
Just got my Black Friday FDE Mk16 rail in and it looks like poo. Where the Geissele logo is engraved on the rail, it looks like it got engraved multiple times, giving it a 3D effect.

Were the rails advertised as blemeshed? Also why no NSN engraving?

[]
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics aren't loading.

Contact Geissele
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]

G will take care of you.

@GACS
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 6:44:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll give you $50 for that pos
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm actually surprised that made it out the door.

I'm confident that they'll make it right.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I'll do $55 and pay for shipping.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#6]
First ive heard of that, but they got so many orders that most havent even shipped yet.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks! Email sent, didn't know if it was normal or not.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#9]
put me down for 60 haha
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The roll marks are not as pronounced as if it were one of our rails that had the logo laser engraved.  They were requested to be subdued.  That having been said that doesn't look like it should have gone out if I'm seeing that picture correctly.  Please shoot us an email over to [email protected] and we'll square you away.

-GACS
View Quote
I'll buy it cheap.   I can't read anyway.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The roll marks are not as pronounced as if it were one of our rails that had the logo laser engraved.  They were requested to be subdued.  That having been said that doesn't look like it should have gone out if I'm seeing that picture correctly.  Please shoot us an email over to [email protected] and we'll square you away.

-GACS
GACS, I'll pay more than this guy for it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 3:14:32 AM EDT
[#12]
how come it's not like collecting rare coins, the ones with the stamping errors, being rare, are worth more, more collectible?
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:19:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
how come it's not like collecting rare coins, the ones with the stamping errors, being rare, are worth more, more collectible?
View Quote
Or, not caring about it at all, since it doesn't affect function?  Wait, this is ARF, where tiny nicks in the finish are an issue.  Carry on...
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#14]
If you cross your eyes, it looks fine
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:51:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Cmon 50% off sale
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Or, not caring about it at all, since it doesn't affect function?  Wait, this is ARF, where tiny nicks in the finish are an issue.  Carry on...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe if it was marked a blem sale. But for a regular item, even if on sale, I understand the concern. Especially if OP ever wanted to sell it in the future.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wouldn't have complained if I got that, unique and purely cosmetic. Coating is still all there and won't have any negative effects down the road.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
I want perfect lettering

I don't want lettering

I want aquamarine lettering

I want subdued lettering

I want laser engraving

I want cyrillic lettering

I just want a quality hand guard/ rail system

and I'm not happy unless it's perfect,  because resale value shouldn't be effected when I fashionably move on to another accessory and sell this one
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about that it just looks stupid?
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Here is how my Mk16 showed up. I know G would make it right if I contacted them.  I have not.  It is still a bit disappointing to buy a new rail and get one that I did not ding up myself.

Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I want perfect lettering

I don't want lettering

I want aquamarine lettering

I want subdued lettering

I want laser engraving

I want cyrillic lettering

I just want a quality hand guard/ rail system

and I'm not happy unless it's perfect,  because resale value shouldn't be effected when I fashionably move on to another accessory and sell this one
View Quote
Meh. The guy bought the rail because of G's well earned rep for quality products. He got a blem when he was buying new and G is making it right.

If anything its a net win for the company as handling these things in the fashion they do only enhances their reputation.

Not everyone is a hard core operator who doesn't care what their tools look like. Most in fact are consumers who want the same thing in guns as they do any other product they buy.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#23]
You guys are a stand up company, taking care of your customers @GACS

Quoted:
If you cross your eyes, it looks fine
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Contact geissele.

Its a stamp per the fed request, not engraving.

Contact them. They will probably refund you 50% of what you paid.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm sorry to see that.  Feel free to shoot us an email and let us know though if you want it replaced so you can beat it up to your preference!

-GACS
View Quote
@GACS

Exactly the type of CS that makes you one of my favorite companies to buy from.

I'll give it some thought. Perhaps after you guys can breathe again from the Black Friday madness, I'll shoot you an email.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:54:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Way to make it right!  I love Geissele Automatics.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'll do $55 and pay for shippi
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll do $55 and pay for shippi
I missed these on BF. What did you guys pay? I am seeing them retail for over $500.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I missed these on BF. What did you guys pay? I am seeing them retail for over $500.
View Quote
It was $395 from Geissele.

Edit: Also came with Airborne Charging Handle.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Now a Geissele poop flinging lower thread? @ OP
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#30]
I was thinking the same thing.  Mine is actually worse than yours.  At least you can see your markings.  Mine cannot be seen without enhancing somehow.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#31]
stupid.....

I would have been happy with that one....

Link Posted: 12/21/2018 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks pretty neat. I’d have kept it since it’s kinda a one of a kind error
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 1:37:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Here is how my Mk16 showed up. I know G would make it right if I contacted them.  I have not.  It is still a bit disappointing to buy a new rail and get one that I did not ding up myself.

https://i.imgur.com/M5Ng3CK.jpg
View Quote
Mine looks worse than that after one day at Cola Warrior and riding around with it on my ATV
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Mine looks worse than that after one day at Cola Warrior and riding around with it on my ATV
View Quote
I have zero doubt of that.   But YOU got to give it those sexy scars, it did not arrive that way.  Kinda like taking someone's virginity.   Someone can do it before you, but much better if you are the one to "break on through."

Anyway, G took care of me without issue (as I knew they would).    All the bullshit accusations being leveled against them over the Mk16 are utterly undeserved.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#35]
I wouldn't worry about it. It'll bend and gouge up when you drop it 4 feet anyway...

ETA: My Mk14 is awesome.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 2:37:25 PM EDT
[#36]
@GACS, will be more than happy to buy for blem pricing :)
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I wouldn't worry about it. It'll bend and gouge up when you drop it 4 feet anyway...

ETA: My Mk14 is awesome.
View Quote
Quit dropping your rifles, this isnt France

This sounds like a P320 thread
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:56:08 AM EDT
[#38]
The real question here is, will they take all these blems back and have a blem sale?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top