Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2022 7:49:28 PM EDT
I recently picked up a MK3HD 3-9 mil dot non illuminated.

Its almost if I bought a MK4 for 500$. Not quite but it’s nice.. I’m impressed.

Also it has capped windage, zero stop, amazing eye relief. 15ish ounces. I feel like they brought back the VXR but it’s certainly improved.

I sold my 3-9 VXR patrol and always regretted it until now. never really disliked the TMR but I started out as a mil dot man and I still am.

Only con is trying to feel the windage adjustment clicks is trying to hear a snap of your fingers in a bowl of mashed potatoes. Just major mush. Nothing nice to say about it. Oh well, I guess that’s why it’s capped lol. Set it and forget it.

I heard people gripe that it has only 5.6 mils of elevation. But we’re AR guys. That will already take us out to close to max range (Assuming it’s 556 and not a fancy 6 or 6.5mm). I plan on a 200 yard zero so it’s no biggie. I can hold for extra.

It just seems like a great little scope. I guess time will tell. I thought I’d share. A definite winner for someone wanting an SPR scope but doesn’t need the latest and greatest 1-10 dual focal plane nuclear bright dot etc etc

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I still have a VXR Patrol 3-9x40mm with the TMR, I bought it in 2015.

Now that I have more premium optics like nightforce, elcans, Leupold MK6... I want to bash on the $600 VXR I still have... But the glass of the VXR, eye relief, light weight is really really good. The VXR is a lot of value at a small price. I don't feel like selling it for $400. Plus it's already rattle canned

I'm also interested in the MK3HD when I don't wanna spend thousands for glass but want useable glass clarity.

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I own one too. I would say its features are that it's lightweight, with good glass, and the rest of it is not that bad. Making it absolutely dominant in the non existent MPVO market. The FOV is mediocre, the reticle is basic and not very useful. The glass is definitely there though and it's my setup until I find a competent 2-10.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a mildot Mark AR 3-9 demo, good to hear on this. I bought that to replace a Vortex Razor HD LH 2-10 that I had a hard time seeing the reticle on. I picked up the Leupold in the store and was hooked. The reticle was easy to see and it seemed I could look through it on 3x with both eyes open. I have it mounted in a Leupold mount but haven't shot it yet.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Double post
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:30:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own one too. I would say its features are that it's lightweight, with good glass, and the rest of it is not that bad. Making it absolutely dominant in the non existent MPVO market. The FOV is mediocre, the reticle is basic and not very useful. The glass is definitely there though and it's my setup until I find a competent 2-10.
View Quote

I've been looking at this Sign 2-10 on and off. MRAD, illuminated and 21 ounces.

https://www.natchezss.com/sig-sauer-whiskey5-rifle-scope-2-10x42mm-30mm-sfp-mrad-milling-hunt-illum-mrad-lr-tur-black.html
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I bought a mildot Mark AR 3-9 demo, good to hear on this. I bought that to replace a Vortex Razor HD LH 2-10 that I had a hard time seeing the reticle on. I picked up the Leupold in the store and was hooked. The reticle was easy to see and it seemed I could look through it on 3x with both eyes open. I have it mounted in a Leupold mount but haven't shot it yet.
View Quote

The eye box and eye relief on leupold MPVOs are hard to beat. I swear on 3x it has at least 5” of eye reflex. And the scope ring/shadow is minimal, like looking through a vortex razor 1-6.

Link Posted: 8/20/2022 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I recently picked up a MK3HD 3-9 mil dot non illuminated.

Its almost if I bought a MK4 for 500$. Not quite but it’s nice.. I’m impressed.

Also it has capped windage, zero stop, amazing eye relief. 15ish ounces. I feel like they brought back the VXR but it’s certainly improved.

I sold my 3-9 VXR patrol and always regretted it until now. never really disliked the TMR but I started out as a mil dot man and I still am.

Only con is trying to feel the windage adjustment clicks is trying to hear a snap of your fingers in a bowl of mashed potatoes. Just major mush. Nothing nice to say about it. Oh well, I guess that’s why it’s capped lol. Set it and forget it.

I heard people gripe that it has only 5.6 mils of elevation. But we’re AR guys. That will already take us out to close to max range (Assuming it’s 556 and not a fancy 6 or 6.5mm). I plan on a 200 yard zero so it’s no biggie. I can hold for extra.

It just seems like a great little scope. I guess time will tell. I thought I’d share. A definite winner for someone wanting an SPR scope but doesn’t need the latest and greatest 1-10 dual focal plane nuclear bright dot etc etc

View Quote

I would have bought this scope but the 5.6 Mils is definitely a issue for me.  .223/5.56  may not be a ideal 1000 yard rifle cartridge but it can sling lead further than 600.
   My main reason to even post my reply is that maybe someone for Leupold will take notice.  
The Mark3 is a great idea that wouldn’t take much to improve upon.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I've been looking at this Sign 2-10 on and off. MRAD, illuminated and 21 ounces.

https://www.natchezss.com/sig-sauer-whiskey5-rifle-scope-2-10x42mm-30mm-sfp-mrad-milling-hunt-illum-mrad-lr-tur-black.html
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s a little bit heavier but there are some killer prices on the very similar Trijicon Creedo scopes in that same mag range.
Japanese LOW made.
I have one on the way so I can’t speak of it first hand.  Being a SFP would explain its lack of popularity and close out price.   I passed on the MK3 due to finding the Creedo.  I admit I looked at that Sig as well
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top