Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/22/2018 1:36:04 PM EDT
Over the last year or so, I have been slowly buying 300BO ammo.  Most of my stash is factory ammo from Hornady, Sellier and Bellot, Winchester, Gorilla, and Fiocchi.

But I also bought some ammo from MidAmerica Munitions, consisting of their 125 gr frangible, 150 gr FMJ, 135 gr liberator, and their 110 gr Varmageddon.

The 110 gr Varmageddon and the 125 gr Frangible shoot and function flawlessly (as well as ALL the factory ammo mentioned above) when suppressed and non-suppressed.

But the 150 gr FMJ and 135 gr Liberator will NOT fully chamber, and the one's that almost fully chamber get stuck so tight I have to mortar the gun to get it cleared.

I suspect the shoulder of the shell cases of the FMJ and Lib. rounds are not formed correctly thus the wicked jamming and required mortaring?

Thus I will NEVER buy any MidAmerican Munitions ammo again.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#1]
My go to for plinking is S&B suppressed so far.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
No issues with the 150gr, but I too have had issues with the 135 Liberator rounds.  Sent them notices & posted reviews about it, never heard anything.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 1:23:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know why some of their ammo works great, and the others are complete shit?

With the 135 libs, and the 150 FMJ's, I tried three different BCGs and three different magazine types, but nothing worked.  I think I'll by a case gage and check 'em with that.  I suspect the cases on those ammo types was not/is not formed to proper shape especially at the shoulder??
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Target Sport USA has 125 gr HPBT or FMJ Prvi Partizan for .55/round.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 11:04:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I recently went through 500 of their 150gr FMJ with no issues.  Clean, consistent, zero stoppages.  Will buy more once I burn through a case of Magtech I grabbed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 9:51:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top