Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/30/2021 5:52:30 PM EDT
I have a OA93 sitting here generally worthless as it sits... If you don't recall this is that Olympic Arms piston pistol that eliminates the buffer system.... here is an image:

Overall pretty useless and I got it years ago for the novelty... now I am thinking of a project gun that would use folder brace or something to take advantage of the compact size....

but the freakin handguard has got to go. I thought maybe a longer one to cover the front sight post or something and give a new feel/longer length.

Anybody work on one of these before or have any ideas to what manufacturer would have something to get this thing into this century?

Thank you in advance
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:36:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Don’t have one, but I’ve always been interested in them.

Looks like the way to remove the hand guard is to remove the gas block/recoil spring housing.

Pictures I’ve seen show a free floating quad rail.  Might have been an Olympic Arms option.  Probably any about 4” aftermarket f/f hand guard should work.  I think slightly longer ones with the gas block cut out would also work.

Also appears to have been a folding stock adapter.  Screws into the back of the lower where the buffer tube would attach.

Post pictures of any mods you do/try.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I am interested in this as well.  I have a old pistol lower that currently has an OA-93 upper on it and a SB / Maxim brace - very cool little package but I agree the handguard etc. needs an upgrade.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:36:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Not a piston though.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top