Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2018 7:01:41 PM EDT
Hey guys, I picked up a big box of assorted 20 rounders at an auction this past weekend. Trying to see if any of these have any value to collectors or the retro guys.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Pre bans are still GTG in Massachusetts.  Is that an AF .22 LR mag on the bottom?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pre bans are still GTG in Massachusetts.  Is that an AF .22 LR mag on the bottom?
View Quote
.22 is all I can figure it could be. Maybe some sort of .22 conversion trainer?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Those are cool just for the packaging and condition IMO. 20s make great range mags. The .22 one looks like an M261 insert.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Called it. M16 subcal trainer. We would strap an M16a1 with the .22 conversion to the barrel of the Bradley
and shoot at these little hard plastic tanks and APCs set up on a scale sand table. Super hi-tech gear in the 1990's US Army.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice pick up, OP.  I pick up Colt 20s when I stumble upon them.  Shootable and in demand among affictionatos afictionados afficionados those of us who like them.  Really good from prone.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#7]
the ones that are marked Colt and .223 would be the most desireable from a collector perspective.

If the boxes were new and sealed in foil, they'd have a higher value.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
the ones that are marked Colt and .223 would be the most desireable from a collector perspective.

If the boxes were new and sealed in foil, they'd have a higher value.
View Quote
Ok thanks. I didn't realize the box was sealed in any way originally. What kind of value would you put on the box of 7? And then the Colts individually. I'm gonna keep a few to use but not any that are worth much.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:54:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Lawnguy, let me know when and where put these up for sale. I'd be interested in 1 or 2 of those universals, just because I don't have any like that
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 10:57:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
AF .22 conversion was a white nylon that had the bolt hold open feature.  That looks like an insert that was used with the army conversion.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 9:21:12 AM EDT
[#11]
20s still have there place.  I keep a old Colt in my gun here in Astan.
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
20s still have there place.  I keep a old Colt in my gun here in Astan.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_5693_jpg-726202.JPG

CD
View Quote
That 30 round aluminum appears to be a black Teflon finished mag.   Is that issued or one of yours?
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That 30 round aluminum appears to be a black Teflon finished mag.   Is that issued or one of yours?
View Quote
Just an old standard USGI issued tan follower mag (Center 09').

CD
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top