Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2021 2:00:08 PM EDT
They were prior to Magpul making their own connectors and hardware on the sling.  With the MS3, they made all the parts in-house; presumably to save costs - not sure.

Is the MS2 better than the MS3?  Asking because my neighbor has some MS2's he's offering to sell to me...
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If it has the old nylon loop style slider, I had issues with those back in the day. The new polymer sliders function much better for quick adjustments in my experience. Otherwise, hardware difference wouldn't bother me.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 3:03:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you going to use a single point or a two point sling? If you have the money look at the Magpul MS4 sling. I have a two point that I use but if I want I also have a ASAP QD - Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point QD so I can use a single point as well.

https://magpul.com/asap-qd-ambidextrous-sling-attachment-point.html?mp_global_color=undefined
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 4:45:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the material on the MS2. It feels smoother and easier to adjust.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:15:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I prefer single point slings and all my AR's have Noveske QD endplates on them (similar to the Magpul one linked above).  Most of my rifles have rear QD sockets as well.  

Just wondering if the MS2's are "good enough" or if I need to invest in something else like a Savvy Sniper sling or a more current version of the Magpul sling system.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I also have the Noveske QD endplate on a few rifles (as well as the KAC version which has 2 sockets, one on either side).  I went MS4 and I am happy with the choice so I ended up buying a few more.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#6]
The MS1 QDM is worth the extra money over the MS2 or MS3 in my opinion.

And I would only buy Magpul slings from an authorized dealer, there are so many fakes out there.  They sell them for $5 on aliexpress and then people flip them for $20 on ebay and amazon.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top