Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/18/2022 11:30:53 AM EDT
I suspect that at some point the remote switch wires can only be so long before it can cause problems but I've got no idea what that would be.

Without getting to deep in the details, I'd like to have a remote pressure pad that has a wire about 20" long and an activation pad that's about 1"x1".

It's for a really unique setup and I don't think such a product is available on the shelf.

I can work with something somewhat close in sizing if such a product already exists, so feel free to share what you know of out there.

If any one knows of shops that can make remote switches to order, please share that info.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
You might be able to contact the modbutton people but I'm sure it'll cost a bunch.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Gangster_Grip_Guy on Instagram might be able to help.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thank you!

Do you have any personal experience with z-bolt? I see they offer a tail cap that includes a click switch and has the plug, which I think would be my preference.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:25:00 AM EDT
[#5]
@Wangstang

Sorry, no Zbolt experience. That said, i have the switch and it’s worth mentioning the end is a square piece of plastic with adhesive Velcro on it and the switch isn’t like the longer pads, instead it’s a smaller circular pad/button that sticks out.

This auction has better pics of the switch...
eBay

Edited to add: I know Modlite is really high draw and already has issues with certain Surefire switches that can’t pass that much current. These are Insight laser switches and might have a similar issue. I don’t know, but want you to be aware. It’s probably worth asking Zbolt.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Wangstang

Sorry, no Zbolt experience. That said, i have the switch and it’s worth mentioning the end is a square piece of plastic with adhesive Velcro on it and the switch isn’t like the longer pads, instead it’s a smaller circular pad/button that sticks out.

This auction has better pics of the switch...
eBay

Edited to add: I know Modlite is really high draw and already has issues with certain Surefire switches that can’t pass that much current. These are Insight laser switches and might have a similar issue. I don’t know, but want you to be aware. It’s probably worth asking Zbolt.
View Quote

Thanks. The design of the insight switch is actually what I would prefer compared to a pressure pad.

I've got a bit of an odd ball configuration using a LEP assembly so it's not quite a normal scout light. Z Bolt does a LEP lights so I think they may be a good reference point to check with.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top