Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2021 4:01:02 AM EDT
Finally was able to purchase some lowers and one of them is going to be a 22lr rig.  Any recommendation on 22lr specific parts (or non-22lr that go well with such build)?  The mission is to have fun but I'd like it to be as accurate as I can reasonably get it (e.g. spending $1K before optics is completely reasonable - and can go higher if there is good reason).

CMMG or Right To Bear come to mind but I am sure there are others...

Thank you
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Exclusively. 22 you say ?
Get the AGP side folding stock...

It's Bitchin'

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#2]
if you go with an auto loader like a 10/22... I was able to (over 5 trips to the Sportsman's Team Challenge in the mid to late 90s) get a .930 fluted Clark barrel, with reduced headspace, cantilevered scope mount on barrel not receiver (6-24x44 1/8min click and 1/8min dot) 22oz trigger, full bedded double lugged barrel in a Fajen thumb hole stock, and most importantly a variable harmonic barrel tuner that could dial in barrel node to produce repeatable 10 shot groups at 100yd that would stay on an IPSC under 1" paster... good light and no wind with Win Super X high velocity

would be easier to do with a bolt gun
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
if you go with an auto loader like a 10/22... I was able to (over 5 trips to the Sportsman's Team Challenge in the mid to late 90s) get a .930 fluted Clark barrel, with reduced headspace, cantilevered scope mount on barrel not receiver (6-24x44 1/8min click and 1/8min dot) 22oz trigger, full bedded double lugged barrel in a Fajen thumb hole stock, and most importantly a variable harmonic barrel tuner that could dial in barrel node to produce repeatable 10 shot groups at 100yd that would stay on an IPSC under 1" paster... good light and no wind with Win Super X high velocity

would be easier to do with a bolt gun
View Quote

Thank you.  I already have Bergara B14R/XLR chassis bolt gun - so this would be more of a fun toy.  But since I try to shoot precision guns - I know it would annoy me if it were substantially inaccurate - or at least if I did not do reasonable amount of homework.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thank you.  I already have Bergara B14R/XLR chassis bolt gun - so this would be more of a fun toy.  But since I try to shoot precision guns - I know it would annoy me if it were substantially inaccurate - or at least if I did not do reasonable amount of homework.
View Quote

My AR22 builds are as accurate as my Marlin bolt gun.  Pretty easy to keep it below 1" at 50 yds with cheap ammo, which is good in my book.  Match ammo shrinks groups substantially.  

Beyer makes good barrels, and has a decently short lead time.  Lothar-Walther is also in stock last I saw and are good barrels, but will need an old stock 0.675" barrel collar to work if you go that route, which are getting harder to find these days.

*edit* L-W has no rimfire AR barrels listed anymore.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

*edit* L-W has no rimfire AR barrels listed anymore.
View Quote

That's sad.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's sad.
View Quote

Hopefully it's a temporary thing!  They probably had a lot of headaches with the 0.675" to 0.700" barrel collar switchover.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:43:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a CMMG dedicated 22 lr upper and am very happy with it, with good ammo it has turned in some impressive groups.

Steve..........
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:08:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a CMMG dedicated 22 lr upper and am very happy with it, with good ammo it has turned in some impressive groups.

Steve..........
View Quote

What barrel length? I built a 4.5” and it kinda sucked. Was noticeably more accurate with my Ruger mkii offhand. I wanted to make my cmmg build great but ended up selling it because shooting inaccurate guns at paper just is not fun.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:11:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Compass Lake Engineering
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#10]
This one is a 16 inch rifle, it's on one of the Omni poly lowers.

Steve..........
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Compass Lake Engineering
View Quote

This or perhaps JP Enterprises
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top