Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/31/2021 5:37:20 PM EDT
I can't find much about them but they appear to have good specs.  Is it worth spending $160 on a RCA bolt vs $100 on the Toolcraft?

Or should I just stick with a CMMG?

I'd prefer to find a couple more CMT's, however, they are sold out now it appears.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Grabbed a CMMG and 2 of the Toolcraft bolts to try.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Toolcraft 9mm bolt it works great I only have about 500 rounds through it but so far so good.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Just got my blowback 9mm bolt from them and it was a bitch to install in the dirty upper.

Guessing I need to clean the upper so the new BCG can start out with an in-spec upper before gunking it up.

Seems like my old Model 1 Sales Colt bolt, which was Glock'd by ADCO, is cut differently and keeps the upper "scraped free" of carbon build-up in the spots where it actually rides.

The Toolcraft bolt is cut differently on the face and was encountering a ton of resistance ~1/2" out from contacting the breech face.

Once I have it smoothly hand cycling I'll run it on the DDLES Glock lower with mil-spec FCG to ensure it runs as well as my current set-up before slapping the upper on an SBR'd AR lower with a Geissele SSA, mag block, and Colt mags.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I went with a United Defense Labs BCG. I haven't given it much exercise yet but it a unique quality in its description:

"This Includes excess pressure release holes in the carrier that relieve pressure in case of ammunition failure
to reduce the chance of out of battery firing. This feature has never been seen on any other 9mm carrier."

I don't know if this will ever make a difference, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

If I didn't get this one, my next choice would be Toolcraft. They make great quality BCGs at a great price.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top