Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/8/2020 8:00:21 AM EDT
My son has an M6a2 SBR and was wondering if there are any rail options besides factory ?
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 3:20:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My son has an M6a2 SBR and was wondering if there are any rail options besides factory ?
View Quote

Exact same problem
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Fortis can be made to fit the A2s since they use a standard barrel nut.

LWRC M6 SL with Fortis REV rail free float handguard, Full Auto test fire with DIAS
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 3:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The Samson Evolution rail fits perfectly with the piston system and uses the factory barrel nut, but it uses a proprietary mounting system. At the time that I got my M6A2, Rainier Arms had a version of the Samson rail with keymod attachments and different lightning cuts, but it doesn't look like they sell it anymore.

https://www.samson-mfg.com/evolution-series-standard.html

ETA: It looks like Samson offers it in keymod, but not MLOK:

https://www.samson-mfg.com/evolution-series-keymod.html

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe the daniel defense piston model works too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe the daniel defense piston model works too.
View Quote

I own several piston AR rifles, but I swear I have not heard of this "Daniel Defense piston  model" that CSIGunNut speaks of.  Perhaps he has confused piston with pistol?  Or has DD released a piston operated AR?  
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I own several piston AR rifles, but I swear I have not heard of this "Daniel Defense piston  model" that CSIGunNut speaks of.  Perhaps he has confused piston with pistol?  Or has DD released a piston operated AR?  
View Quote

Old DD Omega rail that was designed specifically to accommodate some piston designs, it was no longer in production the last time I looked.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks.  One I was not aware of.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Not SBR but here's my 16" M6A2 when it was wearing a Samson EVO 12" rail. This one is their proprietary attach system. Works very well and they have about anything you'd want to attach. I just got a couple of their QD cup mounts and a selection of different Picatinny rail sections (only long one shown attached). Very nice, light rail. Slimmer and lighter than the LWRC rail but big enough ID to comfortably clear gas piston assembly and tuck most suppressors if that's your thing. No longer on my Ldub as it's being rebarelled at the factory into a 10.5" A5 upper. This one's going to hit the EE here soon if anyone's interested.

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Does his have the standard barrel nut?

I have a 12” Fortis Rev 2 keymod and 15” Samson keymod. Selling both.https://imgur.com/a/FQtRIv1
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Here is the thread I did replacing the rail with the Fortis Rev II. I went with key mod because I got the rail for cheap, so I didn’t care if I had to throw it away. FYI it takes A LOT of sanding/clearancing to get it to fit and function.  But it is so much lighter than the ARMS II.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/LWRC-M6A2-SBR-with-Fortis-REV-II-rail/126-737350/
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top