Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/4/2018 1:17:57 PM EDT
Have a Dbal I2 that just battery drains to dead over the course of a month.

Are there any decent laser units on the market that don't have battery drain?
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Have a Dbal I2 that just battery drains to dead over the course of a month.

Are there any decent laser units on the market that don't have battery drain?
View Quote
None of my L3/Insight products have issues with batteries draining when off. I have a PEQ-14 that sees only moderate use and is still on the same set of batteries after about a year with plenty of charge, same for my LBC2.

My el cheapo lasermax UNI lasers don’t drain when off either.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know of any with a parasitic drain that would amount to anything.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 10:06:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Take your battery out and clean the battery compartment very thoroughly with rubbing alcohol. Use qtips etc if you have to. Then relube the threads and o rings (krytox or vaseline works fine).
You might have some junk in there thats making contact and bypassing the switch entirely.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
My atpial c will not drain when in the off or the visible laser positions, it will if I leave it on the IR settings though.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#5]
How old is it?  They fixed that issue. My D2, in the off position, lasts forever.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 12:17:57 AM EDT
[#6]
The DBAL series will not drain the battery as long as the rotating switch is in the OFF position.  I encountered this issue when I first bought my i2, but after switching it to OFF before putting it in the safe, it is no longer a problem.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top