Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2020 7:38:13 PM EDT
I love my T2s and Holosun Micros, but this one has the 30mm objective lens (I believe it's a standard-sized 20mm ocular lens) and is titanium.

It appears to just be the 515 with a larger objective lens. MSRP is $80 more.
I honestly don't mind any of the Micros, but I've always said I wish there was a 30mm T2 instead of a 18-20mm one.
Maybe this larger objective lens helps with FOV or maybe it doesn't--either way, it doesn't add much weight or cost.

ANYONE got experience with one?

HS530:

versus the HS515:
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:38:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Was just thinking of getting one myself. In for the reviews. Doesn't seem to be as much interest in these as I didn't find much in my search or see very many of them for sale.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I don’t like the exposed turrets.  I accept them on something like a RMR or 507 due to size but I wouldn’t want them on a rifle optic if I had a choice.  

I have 2 515CMs and am happy with them.  Just wish I would have known the Unity FAST had built in back up irons before I put them on LaRue mounts.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#3]
In for feedback. Been looking at these as a cost effective alternative for some of my rifles.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:15:15 AM EDT
[#4]
These cost more than a made in USA Trijicon MRO
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Have one, it replaced my MRO. The reticle is sharper to my astigmatism and there's noticeably less blue tint. Super happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah. I sold my MRO within a week of getting it.
I didn't like the tint or the magnification--I know it doesn't matter much once you're on the range, but it was still unimpressive. I like that the nicer Holosuns have less tint, less/no magnification, and I like the shake-awake as well as the reticle options (and solar).

I ended up ordering the HE515GTC-RD, which is a RARE model that for some reason isn't getting picked up by a lot of stores. It's made out of solid block of titanium with the battery on the side (no drawer, and it's not a rheostat--it's just the battery compartment). Then it has two buttons on the side (which I'll never push after it's set). It also has solar if I want/need it. I've never seen one of these online; however, Kotaboy32 on youtube has the green version (HE515GTC-GR).

----
I WAS shocked by the abuse the HE530 takes in this video (makes me wish I'd gotten one):  

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top