Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2020 2:58:57 AM EDT
If I go with nylon buckles and hardware on the regular available Vickers 2-point sling, and forego the metal buckles/hardware option that it's available with, is it still a better sling then the Magpul MS1 ?

I'm wanting to order the Vickers with the nylon hardware instead of aluminum. I was wondering if buying it that way is going to put it in the same class of lesser quality and durability as is the Magpul MS1 with its nylon hardware. (the Magpul has some bad feedback comments about being flimsy.) Videos show the nylon slider buckle on the Magpul operates lightning fast, but so too does the pull-tab feature on the Vickers. Some guys are saying that the Vickers aluminum hardware makes the difference in quality. If the metal parts are what makes the main advantage with it over the Magpul, then I'm not going to have that advantage anyway if I buy the Vickers without aluminum. I'm not a frequent shooter of my AR-15 rifles, but if you think the Vickers in nylon hardware is still a better sling, then I'll go with it.    
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I have both steel and Plastic BFG slings. I have had them for years. I see no discernable difference other then weight.
Don't overthink it. It's a rifle/carbine sling. You're not going to use your carbine/sling for mountaineering.
Typical failure points are cheap QD sling swivels and sockets, not the sling.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok thanks. I was leaning to the Blue Force anyway, but did not want it with the metal hardware. Glad to know the Blue Force will be just fine with its standard nylon hardware. When you buy Magpul or Blue Force online, there's only about a $10 difference between the two by the time I pay extra shipping charges for the Magpul. Rather have the BF for $10 more.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Wait for Labor Day sale (if anyone has one this year).  

Buy whatever color is on sale.

BFG VCAS all the long guns!
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:55:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Blue Force Gear Vickers sling..  I really like the Vickers sling with the QD's sewn in.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#5]
never had an issue with the plastic buckles on the BFG, my slings have been beaten on and never had a stitch come loose or a buckle crack.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 8:16:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I have more bfg slings than magpul, but I like the MS1 padded sling more than the bfg padded.  Non-padded I prefer the bfg, just works well for me.  Never had issue with either companies plastic slides and some are quite old.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The BFGs are pretty slick with the pull tab but my MS1s and MS2s work pretty well with the tri glide too. IMO those slings have 2 different purposes, the BFG is better for a dedicated 2 point sling. The Magpul is nice because you can convert it to single point or two point, this can help you figure out which of those
2 slings works better for you and your rifles purposes at less expense. Or if you do want both.

Eta: well apparently the MS1 is a 2 point only sling. I must have MS2 and MS3 then. The BFG would be better of those two.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 4:05:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The BFGs are pretty slick with the pull tab but my MS1s and MS2s work pretty well with the tri glide too. IMO those slings have 2 different purposes, the BFG is better for a dedicated 2 point sling. The Magpul is nice because you can convert it to single point or two point, this can help you figure out which of those
2 slings works better for you and your rifles purposes at less expense. Or if you do want both.

Eta: well apparently the MS1 is a 2 point only sling. I must have MS2 and MS3 then. The BFG would be better of those two.
View Quote

Thanks for the input. Thanks extended to you other guys too.
I already ordered the BFG over the weekend. Decided now is a good time to get serious & address the final details like slings, lights, and red-dot sights for my home defense weapons.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 11:13:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Blue Force Gear Vickers sling..  I really like the Vickers sling with the QD's sewn in.
View Quote

Those are the best
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 1:09:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I have two MS3’s and a custom padded Vickers with metal hardware sewn in. The MS3’s do the job very well for the price while the Vickers is incredible if you want to spend the money on metal hardware and sewn-in QDs. Don’t overthink it. They’ll both do the job just fine.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 9:35:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Dont care for the magpul slings, they're heavier than vickers with Acetal buckles IIRC.

The BFG Vickers is the best Ive used, the sling that all others are judged by.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 12:05:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I prefer the MS1 slider to the flappy tab. Both work about as well though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Both of those brand's slings are very good pieces of kit. You really cannot go wrong with either of them. Try each of them out, if you end up not liking one or the other you can always sell it here on the EE. Someone will come along in short order and get it from you. Meanwhile, you purchase more of the slings that you like. Easy Peasy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Did you go with the Blue Force? If so how long did it take them to ship it out??
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 7:28:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I like how the magpull is able to go two to one point easily.

Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:12:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Get a 2-1 converter from Ferro.  Not as ergo a hookup as the magpul, but very functional.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top