Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2020 5:54:22 PM EDT
Hello. I have a small issue I’m trying to resolve. I have a LWRC IC-A5. Love it. But I hated the trigger. So I added a rise armament drop in trigger. The trigger came with anti walk pins. I bought separately the KNS anti-rotation pins. The newer version of them have beefier outer arms/covers (or whatever they are called) than the old style. The issue is, my lower is fully ambidextrous. So if I use the anti-rotation kit I have, it disables my left side mag drop function. Right side would still work normal, but this isn’t ideal. Not a huge problem to have, but I’m trying to find a kit that will allow the mag release to still work both sides. I decided to just install the anti-walk pins that came with the drop in trigger for now. Wondering if the older version of anti-rotation dog bones would fit behind my left side mag release and still allow it to be engaged and work. Anyone know?
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello. I have a small issue I’m trying to resolve. I have a LWRC IC-A5. Love it. But I hated the trigger. So I added a rise armament drop in trigger. The trigger came with anti walk pins. I bought separately the KNS anti-rotation pins. The newer version of them have beefier outer arms/covers (or whatever they are called) than the old style. The issue is, my lower is fully ambidextrous. So if I use the anti-rotation kit I have, it disables my left side mag drop function. Right side would still work normal, but this isn’t ideal. Not a huge problem to have, but I’m trying to find a kit that will allow the mag release to still work both sides. I decided to just install the anti-walk pins that came with the drop in trigger for now. Wondering if the older version of anti-rotation dog bones would fit behind my left side mag release and still allow it to be engaged and work. Anyone know?
View Quote

Well, your first mistake was the Rise Armament trigger. You should have gone with a quality drop in trigger like the Velocity. LOL... just kidding...

You'll be fine with the anti-walk pins you have installed. Unless you really want the "look" of the KNS pins, I'd just leave the RA pins in place.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually bought that trigger for a different rifle but had it laying around and didn’t like the stock trigger in the LWRC.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#3]
That was a joke, there’s been a rash of spam posts about Velocity triggers, FYI
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:34:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Ahh I see lol. Im not too concerned with not having the anti-rotation pin kit installed, I’d just prefer it was I guess. I’m sure someone has ran into this before with the same style lower with an ambidextrous mag release. I won’t lose sleep over this though.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 2:05:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By leftytheking:
That was a joke, there’s been a rash of spam posts about Velocity triggers, FYI
View Quote

I thought it was funny
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top