Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2018 9:12:48 PM EDT
I suffered a catastrophic injury to my hand 5 years ago that makes it extremely uncomfortable, if not impossible to hold my hand guard in a traditional way.  I need an angled fore grip.  I've looked at a lot of them, but just came across one tonight that looks as if it would let me control/hold my AR in a satisfactory way.  It's the ERGO Enhanced Angle Grip.  https://www.armorerssupply.com/shop/keymod-enhanced-angle-grip/

Does anyone on the forum have any experience/knowledge of this grip?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#1]
No experience with that one, but have you considered some like below, not sure it will work for you.  But most folks seem to like them better than AFGs.

https://kineticdg.com/product/gripstop/
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I had the opportunity to hold a rifle that had one of those on it.  It forced my hand to be more parallel with hand guard, which causes my hand to cramp uncontrollably.  The one I mentioned has what looks like the same angle my hand and fingers lay when I hold my support arm forward.............and it has 3 finger grooves, which helps because I've only 3 fingers.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:34:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I have no experience with that particular grip but ERGO is a known and trusted manufacturer with excellent customer service.

If the angle looks right, give it a shot. You can adjust the grip angle using something like McNett camo form wrap.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#4]
ERGO has 100 percent made in the USA products.
We can measure angles or whatever else is requested.
Anyone can send requests or questions or comments to [email protected] and
we will get you a response as quickly as possible and try our best to
give the best customer service out there.
Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#5]
My humble apologies Chris. I am so sorry that I could not get you an answer on Sunday.
I will do my best to have it to you first thing Monday morning if you are still interested.
If it's a huge deal, I may drive the 15 miles to work later today and get you an answer.
Please feel free to use 20offergo as a discount code anytime you need anything.
I am happy to do what it takes. Again, sorry I could not get the answer for you on a Sunday.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#6]
When l played paintball many years ago it was fairly common to mount the expansion chamber at about a 15° rear angle.  That is the bottom projects further forward than the top.

I always found that more comfortable than a vertical grip and far more comfortable than a forward anger grip.

So of you find an angled grip try mounting it backwards.

Like this one, only turn out around.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#7]
The ERGO Enhanced Angle Grip in M-LOK and KeyMod is 27 degrees.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No experience with that one, but have you considered some like below, not sure it will work for you.  But most folks seem to like them better than AFGs.

https://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/gripstop-offhand.jpg

https://kineticdg.com/product/gripstop/
View Quote
Gripstops are the absolute pinnacle of foregrips

Ergo looks good, everything I’ve bought by them in the past has been well made
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top