Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/5/2018 6:23:27 PM EDT
For those who purchased these, are they XM gray?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 7:53:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
For those who purchased these, are they XM gray?

Thanks!
View Quote
Most of Jay's stuff at the Fun Shows is black.

He does or did have some older parts too though so it wouldn't hurt to shoot the ole Gyrene an email asking.

Super nice guy.

No affiliation other then me having made a few of his house payments over the last 20 years.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 10:30:21 PM EDT
[#2]
They are NOS Colt parts from 1974 still sealed in the plastic bags.

They look like they should for phosphate finished parts, which is a dull grey/black color to my eyes.

I wish I could post pictures, but I suck.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies! I may just end up sending them to JT to parkerize them gray if they are too dark.

Are there any good quality reproduction A1 rear sights?
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 11:07:05 PM EDT
[#4]
The one I got from them matches my XM Gray upper receiver perfectly.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 1:52:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I have 2 of them, one on a LM upper the other on a Nodak 604 upper, both match perfect. You ought to be happy with them as is.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies! I may just end up sending them to JT to parkerize them gray if they are too dark.

View Quote
The ones Brownells sells are poor quality.  Probably serviceable, but not what you are looking for.  The ones Amhurst has are GTG.  I've ordered three of those sets, all good.  Price is right too.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The ones Brownells sells are poor quality.  Probably serviceable, but not what you are looking for.  The ones Amhurst has are GTG.  I've ordered three of those sets, all good.  Price is right too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used the one from Brownell's, made by Luth-AR...it's ok, usable. I would not use one again.

I totally forgot about Amhurst, glad I saw this thread.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies! I ordered a set from Amherst.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Most of Jay's stuff at the Fun Shows is black.

He does or did have some older parts too though so it wouldn't hurt to shoot the ole Gyrene an email asking.

Super nice guy.

No affiliation other then me having made a few of his house payments over the last 20 years.
View Quote
been a couple years since I have seen him and did not pay attention to the parts he had,

ditto on the nice guy,  known him for probably 35 yrs,,,

shared many a beverage before , during , and after the show closed,,,  back in the day
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 11:21:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Got the sights in this weekend. It's about a mid-charcoal grey. Now just waiting the 6-8 months for my Nodak spud upper and lower. Glad I was able to pick these up when they are still available.

https://i.imgur.com/SQIY11D.jpg
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top