Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2019 7:14:49 PM EDT
Never heard of them, aimsurplus had them in an email at a reasonable price. I'm trying 10.

Amend2 magazine
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have some of them, I like them better than pmags
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting, might order a few.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#3]
$7.95 in  25 or more qty, wish there were more comments.

Will try a few to see.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 1:13:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Received my 10 today. Very nice looking magazine. Follower is excellent. Feed lips feel extremely stiff.

Will post back once I get a chance to try them.

Might throw up some photos tomorrow
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 11:55:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I got some about 3 years ago.  Both black and tan.  They are absolute garbage.  Feed lips spread out on every single one of them just from sitting on a shelf loaded.  I have to violently jam them up in a magwell due to how wide they got.
Your money is better spent on D&H or pmags.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a few glock onea and they are decent. No experience with the AR mags.

Tagged
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got some about 3 years ago.  Both black and tan.  They are absolute garbage.  Feed lips spread out on every single one of them just from sitting on a shelf loaded.  I have to violently jam them up in a magwell due to how wide they got.
Your money is better spent on D&H or pmags.
View Quote
These are mod 2, not the originals. IDK why anyone would leave a plastic mag loaded with no lid to relieve lip pressure.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

These are mod 2, not the originals. IDK why anyone would leave a plastic mag loaded with no lid to relieve lip pressure.
View Quote
Because most plastic mags don't have he option of a cover, and even when you have pmags, only certain ones have them included?
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Because most plastic mags don't have he option of a cover, and even when you have pmags, only certain ones have them included?
View Quote
As far as I know, pmag covers fit gen 1, 2 and 3 mags. I tried a pmag cover on the amendment, but they don't fit.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Because they're magazines.  I shouldn't have to baby them.  I have D&H and pmags sitting for much longer with no covers on them and they haven't ruined themselves.

Thread was asking for experiences with amend2 mags.  In my honest opinion, having owned them for an extended period of time, they are the worst mags I have ever owned.  And I've experimented with plenty of cheap mags in my day.

The wording on the amend2 website isn't inspiring confidence.
The Mod-2 magazines have every bit of toughness the previous version did coupled with a new sleekness that doesn’t sacrifice grip
I do see that they have a lifetime warranty on the website.  Maybe I'll try that out and see how painless the process is getting these swapped.  Or maybe I take advantage of brownells' forever guarantee and use the refund to something else completely.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top