Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2021 1:04:42 PM EDT
I took the new Sig516 upper out yesterday.  It shot great with my 77gr SMK reloads.  We were averaging 3/4” - 1” at 100 yards.  Dad shot a nice 3/4” group and challenged me, and I shot this group that measures .40”.

- Sig516 Upper from Aim Surplus
- Primary Arms 1x6 ACSS
- AR15.com SBR Lower
- Echo Trigger
- Omega 36M Suppressor
- 100 yrds
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:00:06 PM EDT
[#1]
That's some excellent shooting!
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve got the same lpvo, so that means I can shoot as good as you and your dad.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Of course!
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:16:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Love my Sig 516 upper.  I can't say I've been getting the same accuracy as you, but that's on me.  Mine is also very accurate.  And the price was also great.  I picked up my upper for $600.  I suspect you paid about the same, possibly less.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Those uppers were a bargain for sure
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, I paid about $600.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Got two of them for about $500 each.  Finally got the second one for christmas.  The one ive already fired was surprisingly accurate for a piston gun.  Its no LaRue barrel, but as good or better than FN CHF barrels.  Gonna take the second one out in spring and whichever is less accurate, cut to 10.5"

Ive got them on BA M4E1 lowers, but id love to get them on Sig lowers if I could find them for sale.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 10:11:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got the 10.5" SBR and 14.5" P&W to 16". Bar none my favorite piston guns.

Link Posted: 1/12/2022 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#9]
516 is probably the most underrated gun out there.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:32:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Without a doubt.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#11]
We got 60 of the 11.5 SBRs at work, most a very accurate. I was pleasantly surprised, I figured with it being a piston it would not be as accurate as a DI rifle. I like it so much so I am considering buying one myself, truly underrated...
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, love my 14 and 16, no pic of the 16.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Got two of them for about $500 each.  Finally got the second one for christmas.  The one ive already fired was surprisingly accurate for a piston gun.  Its no LaRue barrel, but as good or better than FN CHF barrels.  Gonna take the second one out in spring and whichever is less accurate, cut to 10.5"

Ive got them on BA M4E1 lowers, but id love to get them on Sig lowers if I could find them for sale.
View Quote
LaRue barrel?  This sig barrel is shooting well under an inch.  I haven't seen a LaRue barrel do that consistently.  LaRue is top notch but don't get carried away.  Also, nice backhanded compliment to the guy who shot the Sig
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Didn't know they made an 11.5.  I'll probably still have mine cut to 10.5.  I'd go 10.3 but I'm not sure I can go that short and still get a suppressor on there eventually.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:15:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Didn't know they made an 11.5.  I'll probably still have mine cut to 10.5.  I'd go 10.3 but I'm not sure I can go that short and still get a suppressor on there eventually.
View Quote

I had a 14.5" cut down to 11.5".  I had to open up the holes in the gas valve to get it to function.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:40:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes they did at one time. Very rare.  I had a shot at one and choked..
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Reading a few threads like this on SIGTalk made me place an order last month for a 516G2 14.5" URG for $550 from Optics Planet. Unfortunately it became backordered till 02/23! I decided to cancel the order and take my business to Proven Arms & Outfitters at the advisement of several Vet's and LEO's over at SIGTalk. Reading this thread only makes my smile that much bigger.
https://www.provenoutfitters.com/sig516g2-patrol-
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I just ordered an upper through Optics Planet for $550 OTD with code Work8. They actually came to all those who waited and had I not cancelled before I would of received my previous order but I placed an order at Proven. This time I'll take just the shorter upper. Nice back up to have.
https://www.opticsplanet.com/sig-sauer-sig516-gen-2-upper-rcvr-assy-c.html
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just ordered an upper through Optics Planet for $550 OTD with code Work8. They actually came to all those who waited and had I not cancelled before I would of received my previous order but I placed an order at Proven. This time I'll take just the shorter upper. Nice back up to have.
View Quote

Yeah, I got a sh*t ton of grief when I ordered one from OP about a year and a half ago.  When I placed the order they were supposedly going to ship in 10 days.  That got pushed back again and again.  When I said I was going to hang in there because OP kept promising they would eventually shipped people called me an idiot.  I think it eventually took 8-9 months, but I finally got it.  Think I paid around $570.  Totally worth the wait.  I actually have a Sig 5.56 can (that I bought off of ee) still sitting in jail that's going to be a perfect match.

Very tempted to order another one at the price being offered by OP, although I REALLY don't need it.  Maybe if I can find a coupon code for another 5-10% off.  

However, for anyone looking for an outstanding piston upper at a price that's literally a steal - these are a no brainer.  As others have pointed out, excellent accuracy, super reliable, and pretty well balanced.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had bought one the last go around when they showed in-stock, but it was really backordered. Someone from OP called me asking if I wanted to substitute for something in stock and I said I would just wait it out. Glad I did as it was shipped about a week after that call. My experience with them was positive, but I have heard a lot of negative experiences as well, it's a dice roll. Oh, and I was NOT charged until it shipped.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yeah, I got a sh*t ton of grief when I ordered one from OP about a year and a half ago.  When I placed the order they were supposedly going to ship in 10 days.  That got pushed back again and again.  When I said I was going to hang in there because OP kept promising they would eventually shipped people called me an idiot.  I think it eventually took 8-9 months, but I finally got it.  Think I paid around $570.  Totally worth the wait.  I actually have a Sig 5.56 can (that I bought off of ee) still sitting in jail that's going to be a perfect match.

Very tempted to order another one at the price being offered by OP, although I REALLY don't need it.  Maybe if I can find a coupon code for another 5-10% off.  

However, for anyone looking for an outstanding piston upper at a price that's literally a steal - these are a no brainer.  As others have pointed out, excellent accuracy, super reliable, and pretty well balanced.
View Quote

Coupon code Work8
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#22]
OP now has coupon code 8DAD which is good for 8% off, which will get the price below $500 shipped to you.

Just bought myself a nice shotgun for trap, which has pretty much depleted my gun budget for the next several months.  And I have multiple AR uppers already.  Otherwise I would be all over this. The 516 is an excellent upper and honestly well worth the price at $7-800.  At under $500 to your door, it is a steal.

And again my experience with OP is that you may end up waiting 6-9 months for this thing to ship, but you will eventually get it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#23]
That's not a bad deal, even with tax negating the whole coupon code. If this was 16" I'd get a third.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 6:17:14 AM EDT
[#24]
The 516 has become my favorite rifle, I picked up 2 14.5 uppers from Sig when they went on sale and the price was too good to pass up.
The only thing I wish was the rail was a bit longer, it is tough getting a visible light, IR setup and using the QD attachment in the rail with that little real estate.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top