AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I emailed Bryan just to touch base with the owner. Said its been done for 2 weeks now, and threw in "as discussed when you called the other day". "Waiting on ambi bolt release which broke upon reinstall." The manager told me ambi safety and the owner tells me ambi bolt release.

I've ordered from LWRC before and I've always gotten my order within days. Not 2+ weeks.

I dont know what's bullshit and what's not. I just know I'm along for the ride. One thing I will say is Bryan has been completely unapologetic. No apologies or empathy about this taking so long.
View Quote
I would tell them to send it back now, ambi bolt release or safety or whatever er the fuck broke. Take the loss and move on. They sound like they're BSing you. I'm glad I head this about them I've thought about buying their holsters.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I do want it done right thats part of the job understanding when I ask for something done. NOBODY wants a crappy job and they could have said back log mean we'll get to in 2 months. Than OP would have no reason to complain. If they set a time frame I expect then to keep it. I would think maybe THEY need to be more realistic about it.
View Quote

That's exactly right. And on top of it turning into 2 months, there is no communication on their end. I'd would be completely ok with running a couple weeks past what I was quoted as long as they communicated with me in real time. They have no desire to communicate and when you go calling because you're over a month past the original deadline they make you feel like you're bugging them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I would tell them to send it back now, ambi bolt release or safety or whatever er the fuck broke. Take the loss and move on. They sound like they're BSing you. I'm glad I head this about them I've thought about buying their holsters.
View Quote

I'm gonna give them another week and then I'm telling them to send it back to me.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Called them up and told them to send me my stuff back. Can't wait any longer.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Called them up and told them to send me my stuff back. Can't wait any longer.
View Quote

What did they say?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:38:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What did they say?
View Quote

Not much. Supposedly sending it back to me. Was hoping to get a tracking number through email today. Hopefully tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:32:56 AM EDT
[#7]
10 weeks

shit....

I've cerakoted plenty. it doesn't take very long to prep, coat, cure.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:07:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I love the replies of:

"Don't piss them off", "Be friendly to them".

How about the company honor their own fucking timeframe and if they can't stick to their own time frame then fucking communicate their error to the paying customer? Whose fault is this, the paying customer given a specific turn around time by the company, or the company who can't get shit done?

This "kiss the ring" shit is ridiculous. Some in the firearms world are the worst business people I've ever encountered.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:50:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Let me take a somewhat contrarian stance here, I know that at my former job they are having pretty big staffing issues due to the WuFlu.
Lots of people out for a couple of weeks at a time, maybe it's something the same here?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I love the replies of:

"Don't piss them off", "Be friendly to them".

How about the company honor their own fucking timeframe and if they can't stick to their own time frame then fucking communicate their error to the paying customer? Whose fault is this, the paying customer given a specific turn around time by the company, or the company who can't get shit done?

This "kiss the ring" shit is ridiculous. Some in the firearms world are the worst business people I've ever encountered.
View Quote

I agree.  Communication with them is borderline nonexistent. I get it that shit happens and sometimes the lead time quoted is much longer. But as a business you have to communicate delays to the customer. I think 9/10 times the customer will understand. I sent emails that went unreturned. I had to wait over 2 weeks to hear that they broke something and if I didn't call and email I would still not have known.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:19:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Of course it still has not shipped. These guys are redicolous. Never again.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:22:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Let me take a somewhat contrarian stance here, I know that at my former job they are having pretty big staffing issues due to the WuFlu.
Lots of people out for a couple of weeks at a time, maybe it's something the same here?
View Quote

I would have agreed one year ago.
Not in 2021.
We have been dealing with the beerflu for a while now.. they clearly said “a couple of weeks” not “a couple of month due to the current situation”
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Delivery is scheduled for today. How do I attach pics to these posts? I don't see any attachment links for pics.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Delivery is scheduled for today. How do I attach pics to these posts? I don't see any attachment links for pics.
View Quote

You have to be a paying member to attach photos... Otherwise you'll need to host the photos somewhere online (e.g. Imgur) and link to the photo in your post.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:20:26 AM EDT
[#15]
The cerakote looks nice. Standard Graphite Black.

The Ambi bolt catch is busted. I ordered a new one yesterday. I'm just glad to have it back.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The cerakote looks nice. Standard Graphite Black.

The Ambi bolt catch is busted. I ordered a new one yesterday. I'm just glad to have it back.
View Quote

Did they give a credit for breaking your rifle or not?
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#17]
They did.

I received a PayPal refund of $50, which just covers the replacement part and shipping.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#18]
So happy I saw this thread today. I have been looking for a local company to get some things cerakoted and I live in AZ. I thank the OP for updating us about his issue and say it sucks for him, but thank you for posting.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'd say unacceptable covid or not.  They made multiple promises and did not own up.  I'd ask for your stuff back and a refund.
View Quote

Yeah, get your stuff back & find a shop that actually holds to their word.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Received the replacement bolt catch kit. Unfortunately no diagram of how these 9 pieces fit together. Trying to find some info on the internet.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top