Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/28/2023 7:41:16 PM EDT
I'm new to guns in general. I ordered a 10.5" 5.56 NATO Pistol kit and a 20 round magazine for it. The order is "awaiting shipment". This company is legit based on reviews. How long does this process take ? It has been 3 days and it still hasn't been transferred to the shipping company. I also bought 1 box of 20 rounds of 5.56x45 ammo on ammo.com, and 2 boxes of 30 rounds and 2 30 round magazines on ammo.com and got through the verification process.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a holiday weekend things are going to be slow I'd give it at least a couple more days.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:09:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Patience is required. If you’re new to firearms, then you need to know that this isn’t like ordering from Amazon. Most FFLs are small businesses with minimal staff. Processing orders and shipping take time.

Also, you’ll need more than 80 rounds of ammo. I’d recommend buying more.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I expect for it to come tomorrow. It's coming all the way from Florida, and I'm in Arkansas.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, I expect for it to come tomorrow. It's coming all the way from Florida, and I'm in Arkansas.
View Quote

No tracking info provided  
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Make sure you have good hearing protection.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd start looking for more ammo. You'll run through your on hand ammo really fast.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'd start looking for more ammo. You'll run through your on hand ammo really fast.
View Quote

Umm... This. You definitely need more ammo. Like, A LOT more ammo. That shit disappears at a rate that you can't even make sense of
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy a case bro. .40 cents per round for pmc .223
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#9]
"Buy a case" is solid advice. You'll be surprised how quick 1k rounds disappear. Still, the "buy 10 mags and a case of ammo" advice that's given to everyone when they start out is a great starting point. It sounds like a lot, but you'll quickly learn it's really not. Over time you'll build up a stack of magazines and start sweating when your ammo stash drops below like 7500 rounds. Ask me how I know. Or just look at my order confirmation from today ??.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd be worried they are not going to ship your order considering pistol AR's with short barrels and a pistol brace are "illegal" per the ATF tonight at 12:00.

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#11]
They shipped it a few days ago. Here is what is contained:
Mil-Spec 7075 T6 Upper Receiver with Dust Cover and Forward Assist
10.5" 1:7 Twist 4150 Barrel with Black Nitride Finish
Carbine Length Gas System
.750 Low Profile Gas Block
A2 Flash Hider
10" Free Float M-LOK Hand Guard
Bolt Carrier Group
Charging Handle
Mil-Spec Lower Parts Kit
Pistol Buffer Tube Assembly
Hard Coat Black Anodized Finish

I bought this just for self defense, and also I'm planning to buy 2 m9 bayonets as well.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A2 Flash Hider
Bolt Carrier Group
Charging Handle
Mil-Spec Lower Parts Kit

I bought this just for self defense, and also I'm planning to buy 2 m9 bayonets as well.
View Quote

You’re better off buying a rifle for self defense now that pistol braces are considered stocks.

The m9 bayonet on a 10.5” AR pistol is not going to work. Nor is a bayonet something I’d consider for defensive use.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd be worried they are not going to ship your order considering pistol AR's with short barrels and a pistol brace are "illegal" per the ATF tonight at 12:00.

View Quote

Pistol ARs are not illegal. A pistol brace installed on pistol AR makes it a SBR. The AR15 pistol with pistol buffer tube has been around since the 80s, well predating pistol braces.

And even if pistol ARs were all considered SBRs, there are many registered SBRs and MGs that can use short uppers…..e.g. why would the brace ruling at all affect a company shipping an otherwise legal short barreled upper?
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 12:55:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A2 Flash Hider
Bolt Carrier Group
Charging Handle
Mil-Spec Lower Parts Kit

View Quote

Are the bayonets for when you run out of ammo?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top