User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/22/2020 7:21:09 PM EDT
any feedback on this one?

Allen 3-piece brass rod
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't like sectioned rods as well as one piece rods.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#2]
i have settled on Tipton one piece rods and they are just great

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#3]
As long as you are PULLING and not PUSHING it into the barrel, it doesn't really matter what sort of rod you use. I would caution in using a 1-piece coated rod and assuming all is okay. As you push, there's a good chance you're going to bend the rod and the rod touching the rifling. Not a good situation. If you plan on pushing it through, get a 1-piece and a bore guide. Sometimes you have to push through in cases where the breech is not easily accessible like on a bolt action or whatnot. An AR15, you can snap that upper right off and point the muzzle to the floor and drop a 3-piece rod into the bore and pull it right on through with no ill effect. Matter of fact, I regularly use a parker hale jag and just pull it right through the barrel when I need to do a deep clean of carbon or copper. With a small patch you soak it and it will catch on the jag just fine to pull through.

If you're the type that does thing in an extreme hurry, I recommend something like otis or something that you can pull a cord with such as a rip cord or snake. I always carry a snake with me to the range and in a hurry just pull it through twice.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top