Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/3/2021 3:59:36 PM EDT
I have a few micro's with Larue and scalarworks mounts. I've always used blue thread locker that I have with no problems. I don't remember changing the mounts around but scalarworks comes with blue locktite FWIW.

My problem is I have a h1 and adm mount I'm going to put on a scar 17 until I get a chance to grab a nice lpvo or scope. The adm direction's say to use vibra-tight VC-30 only.

Scar is tough on optics and it will be replaced and used on something else eventually, so should I find vibra-tight or would basic blue thread locker be okay?
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I've always used the Vibra-Tite that came with my ADM mounts and I've never had an issue.   Make sure and use the correct length screws.  ADM mounts come with 3 different lengths if I recall correctly.  You want as much thread engagement as possible without bottoming out in the threaded holes.  I think they recommend the Vibra-Tite over Loc-tite because the latter was more likely to unthread the heli-coil inserts during removal.  That said, the H1/T1 doesn't use the heli-coil inserts, only the H2/T2, last I checked.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:40:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've always used the Vibra-Tite that came with my ADM mounts and I've never had an issue.   Make sure and use the correct length screws.  ADM mounts come with 3 different lengths if I recall correctly.  You want as much thread engagement as possible without bottoming out in the threaded holes.  I think they recommend the Vibra-Tite over Loc-tite because the latter was more likely to unthread the heli-coil inserts during removal.  That said, the H1/T1 doesn't use the heli-coil inserts, only the H2/T2, last I checked.
View Quote

Thanks good to know

The adm mount was purchased used and came with one set of screws.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Disregard
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top