Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2022 9:37:11 PM EDT
So I recently was given an H1 and was wondering if anyone here runs one and your thoughts on it.  It was free so I am grateful.  It will replace the MRO I had on my 11.5 setup.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:23:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had one for some time mounted on a 11.5' and now a 16" gun. No problems to report other than make sure if you are using the Aimpoint Micro LRP Mount with with the spacer tighten the nut down on the LRP and witness mark it. I had mine in a bag for an extended trip and the optic was slightly loose as is could move it a teeny tiny bit when I checked it upon return. I tightened it down and no issues yet.

Not night vision capable if that matters, no real choices to cover the lenses except the Aimpoint bikini cap or a Tango Down cover. They do make a kill flash for it that you can put on with a rubber o ring retainer.

Its a good little optic.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:36:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked a used H1 up years ago and run it on my 11.5".  It's been as reliable as I could ask for, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.  

Coming from an EOTech I wasn't sure how I would like the small tube, but it's an easy adjustment.  The battery life alone makes it worthwhile to me, and I've beat it up without it missing a beat.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:42:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Good optic, but the H2 next gen is better. Great grab for no cost though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I had an H1 that I bought brand new and used for at least 5 years.  It was excellent.  About 2 years ago, I sold it for close to what I paid for it and upgraded to an H2.  I keep going with the H series because I don't care about night vision capability.

You just can't really beat any of the micro Aimpoints in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought an H1 here on the forums. Very happy with it, but haven't shot it too much due to time and ammo shortages. Only gripe is the blue tint compared to the PRO which is clear. Rumors here are they tinted the glass to make the dot appear brighter (contrast), which is a bummer. But otherwise I like the controls and I'm not rough enough on my stuff to need the H2 or T1 price tag.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Good optics.

Mine was born in '12, still going strong.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had an H1 that I bought brand new and used for at least 5 years.  It was excellent.  About 2 years ago, I sold it for close to what I paid for it and upgraded to an H2.  I keep going with the H series because I don't care about night vision capability.

You just can't really beat any of the micro Aimpoints in my opinion.
View Quote

The cost is nominal to professionally get rid of the awful H white font on the optic.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The cost is nominal to professionally get rid of the awful H white font on the optic.
View Quote

The text doesn't bother me in the slightest, and $100+ is not nominal enough for me to care about a bit of text on the side. If it was $20, then yeah maybe. But everyone has their own priorities. If it was cheap enough I'd buy one anodized pink, then I could paint it whatever color I want and have a super reliable optic for a bargain. The H1 I purchased was spray painted green, after several hours of picking and scrubbing, I got pretty much all of it off, and saved $50 :). Everyone wins!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top