Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2018 9:32:20 AM EDT
Hey all! Odd question on the Aimpoint 3X-C. It seems the product spec sheet on the Aimpoint site says it's submersible up to a depth of 80ft. The product manual, on the other hand, says it can withstand immersion up to 1.5ft.

Anyone know if there's a functional difference between optic submersion and immersion? If you know the actual rating for the 3X-C, even better :)
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe the differences you are finding are between the 3x which is more heavy duty/ military grade, and the 3x-c which is the more affordable "civilian" model.

i believe immersion and submersion are pretty synonymous.

The 3x will have a greater depth rating than the 3x-c.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's where I'm looking, under product sheet
https://www.aimpoint.com/product/aimpoint-3x-c/
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Might be a misprint in the Tech Specs for the 3x-C.  Tech Specs and manual for the 3xMag-1 both show 80ft.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Agreed. Based on the tech specs for both, the biggest difference seems to be the chemical proofing on the 3XMAG-1. If the 3X-C does have the full waterproofing, I wouldn't be shocked. Even the ACO is good to go for 15 feet. 1.5 feet seems a little on the low side for any Aimpoint.

Sent an email to Aimpoint for confirmation and will update here.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Agreed. Based on the tech specs for both, the biggest difference seems to be the chemical proofing on the 3XMAG-1. If the 3X-C does have the full waterproofing, I wouldn't be shocked. Even the ACO is good to go for 15 feet. 1.5 feet seems a little on the low side for any Aimpoint.

Sent an email to Aimpoint for confirmation and will update here.
View Quote
Looking forward to response.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#6]
It's been corrected to .5M per Aimpoint CS.

Like it a lot with the Larue swivel mount but it's tough when I can purchase an Eotech G33 for close to the same price. Hm, decisions.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top