AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 4:47:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HypeBeast:
To those that complain about about companies that make their optics in China just remember our country was going bonkers over this pandemic. Did any of these Made in USA companies come to our help? Did they offer any discounts, rebates or trade ins? All these companies are in it for themselves. Just buy what you can afford and practice.
View Quote

You're obviously missing the point
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Please enlighten me
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#3]
To those that complain about about companies that make their optics in China just remember our country was going bonkers over this pandemic. Did any of these Made in USA companies come to our help? Did they offer any discounts, rebates or trade ins? All these companies are in it for themselves. Just buy what you can afford and practice.
View Quote

Actually yes. PHLster donated N95 masks to hospitals in need.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By UncleverUsername:

Actually yes. PHLster donated N95 masks to hospitals in need.
View Quote

Chinese companies donated masks and drones. Does that make them better?
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ve seen the dual illuminated RMRs hit $350 or so on sales a few times recently.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Or quit being poor.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Rhinowso96:

Or quit being poor.
View Quote

??
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

WTF does a scope company donating shit have anything to do with a fucking communist dictatorships criminal negligence allowing a virus to spread around the world? The title of the thread is not Made in USA red dots.... Its red dots NOT MADE IN CHINA.

Now I'm just trying to figure out WHY so many people are A. So inept that they think not made in china = must be made in USA and B. Why so many are so quick to go out of their way to defend the stuff and companies that are/have their shit made in communist China.

Are you a salesman for chinese made shit? Do you work for a company that sells chinajunk? You have investments in china? You don't want to feel like your cheap optic is inferior? Are you wumáo dang?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looking for an affordable red dot NOT made in China, something equivalent to a Sig Romeo or Holosun. All I can think of is a PRO or MRO, are DI Optical made in Korea or is it just a Korean company manufacturing in China?
View Quote

DI Optical are made in South Korea. If you can get one, GET IT. The raven sights are out of production, and the rest are hard to find now. Very hard to find.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By heavymetal762:

DI Optical are made in South Korea. If you can get one, GET IT. The raven sights are out of production, and the rest are hard to find now. Very hard to find.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By heavymetal762:
Originally Posted By seamasterpro:
Looking for an affordable red dot NOT made in China, something equivalent to a Sig Romeo or Holosun. All I can think of is a PRO or MRO, are DI Optical made in Korea or is it just a Korean company manufacturing in China?

DI Optical are made in South Korea. If you can get one, GET IT. The raven sights are out of production, and the rest are hard to find now. Very hard to find.

Bushnell Engage is made in Korea
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

DI Optical seems to have bailed from the U.S. Market. I don't think they did too well with advertising. Theres also the name "Dongs In Optical" Everythings outa stock/discontinued. The products were pretty nice, there just wasnt much presence and customer service.
View Quote

Yeah, they have GREAT stuff, but they made ZERO marketing effort in the US. I also think the Raven sights were them selling contract overruns/ leftovers after going to new designs for the ROK military. The SE Asian militaries have always been their primary market.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:17:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By UncleverUsername:

Actually yes. PHLster donated N95 masks to hospitals in need.

Masks that was giving people chemical burns and drones to spy on Americans.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Now I'm just trying to figure out WHY so many people are A. So inept that they think not made in china = must be made in USA and B. Why so many are so quick to go out of their way to defend the stuff and companies that are/have their shit made in communist China.

Are you a salesman for chinese made shit? Do you work for a company that sells chinajunk? You have investments in china? You don't want to feel like your cheap optic is inferior? Are you wumáo dang?
View Quote

Its because communist shit teachers ignore basics like reading comprehension and instead award counter culture anti-American ideals which emboldens such asshattery.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Affordable.
I personally think every red dot made in the USA is more affordable than any and all Chinese.
A MRO can be had for $400 new vs say a $125 Sig Romeo.
I am losing a lot more than $275 a day then that one time purchase.  Many here have watched their retirements tank or out right lost their jobs.
I’d rather use open sights then anything 100% China.  

It will take a long time to shake their cheap crap but it has to start at some point. Save up a little more or cheap out it’s a little more complicated these days.

View Quote

I like the way you think.
For me, it's RMR.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why do people buy $200 red dots from China when you can get an Aimpoint for $350-$400?
View Quote

Honestly the holosun 403r I got recently is clearer than my H1 ever thought about being. I’ll also venture my safe and local shooting range doesn’t count as “hard use”.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:30:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not so sure the Romeo 4M is assembled in the USA.

Romeo4T and 4H are assembled in the USA.  

And I wonder how much 'assembly' is really happening in the USA, I mean is screwing in the mount and installing a battery 'assembling...?'.

https://sigsauerguns.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/o/sor43131-01.jpg

https://sigsauerguns.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/o/sor43011-01.jpg
View Quote

Optics planet is running a pretty good deal this weekend. Picked up the Romeo 4H (assembled in USA) with circle dot and drop reticle. Curious to know what this looks like behind a magnifier.

$315 with instant $35 rebate and bonus 15% ($47.25) Bonus Bucks rebate. You get to use the bonus bucks when your items ship.

$267.75 sound like a good enough deal for assembled in USA?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Optics planet is running a pretty good deal this weekend. Picked up the Romeo 4H (assembled in USA) with circle dot and drop reticle. Curious to know what this looks like behind a magnifier.

$315 with instant $35 rebate and bonus 15% ($47.25) Bonus Bucks rebate. You get to use the bonus bucks when your items ship.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/98540/Screen_Shot_2020-05-24_at_2_07_03_AM_png-1430276.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not so sure the Romeo 4M is assembled in the USA.

Romeo4T and 4H are assembled in the USA.  

And I wonder how much 'assembly' is really happening in the USA, I mean is screwing in the mount and installing a battery 'assembling...?'.

https://sigsauerguns.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/o/sor43131-01.jpg

https://sigsauerguns.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/o/sor43011-01.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/98540/Screen_Shot_2020-05-24_at_2_07_03_AM_png-1430276.JPG

Good deal, I got mine from Gun Pro Deals for about $260 shipped, no tax or cash back stuff to worry about. Im impressed so far, but I did put it on a Geiselle Mount. Im sure the QD Mount will work, but ADM kinda spoiled me. I also ordered a Romeo 4DR for $200, the included mount is decent enough too.

I really like the Circle Dot reticle with BDC dots. It doesnt bother my astigmatism much for some reason
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 4:01:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Gun pro deals I keep forgetting about that site... I’ve seen some really good prices there in the past.

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Honestly the holosun 403r I got recently is clearer than my H1 ever thought about being. I’ll also venture my safe and local shooting range doesn’t count as “hard use”.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do people buy $200 red dots from China when you can get an Aimpoint for $350-$400?

I have three holosun 403 and have used them in multiple AK classes and we didn’t hold back on dropping the rifle numerous times. They have been excellent. Like any product they can fail it doesn’t matter where they are made.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top