Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/5/2021 9:18:15 PM EDT
Takes the little 4-40 set screw in their lpk holds the detent and spring in.

Pretty nice feature, if you are planning on changing stocks/buffer tubes imo.

You can find the set screws alone online fairly cheap thinking of adding a few to older builds.

I found they work on Stag and Spikes lowers but not the Anderson so far.

Anyone compiled a list or know of the mfgs. that they work /no work with.  Matrix , DPMS , CMMG, Stoner etc.?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I purchased a 4-40 tap and have used them on all different lowers including Anderson.

The 4-40 set screws are fairly cheap, you can get a box of 100 on line for about $10.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#2]
One of my favorite features of their lowers. Just a nice touch.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I purchased a 4-40 tap and have used them on all different lowers including Anderson.

The 4-40 set screws are fairly cheap, you can get a box of 100 on line for about $10.
View Quote

Didn't even think of tapping my own threads. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Wont buy a lower without it.  Spikes and Aero here.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#5]
The Strike Industries end plate comes predrilled with a hex screw that works perfectly with the Aero lower. Prevents you from having to trim the spring to a shorter length.

Link
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#6]
We recently had our own line of lowers made. They have that threaded hole as well as a threaded bolt catch pin. I think the bolt catch pin is a bigger game changer than the detent spring set screws . But anyway they are very nice features both of them.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We recently had our own line of lowers made. They have that threaded hole as well as a threaded bolt catch pin. I think the bolt catch pin is a bigger game changer than the detent spring set screws . But anyway they are very nice features both of them.
View Quote

Yep, I've been doing the detent hole mod for at least 30 years. Just started doing the threaded bolt catch mod when CDNN put the surplus DPMS catch pins on sale last year. Since then have modified all my ARs and those of many of my friends. Had a friend at a motorcycle shop make me t-handle extensions for the two drill bits necessary and ordered a six inch long 6-32 tap from Ebay. With the three tools I can drill and tap the holes in about five minutes. Beats the heck out of the original roll pin.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top