Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2021 1:06:35 AM EDT
There's nothing wrong with a mil-spec charging handle but I do like ambidextrous charging handles. With an ambi it allows me to charge a round or check a chamber traditionally, right handed or left.

I've had these new Aero Precision Breach charging handles for a few days now and am really liking them.

Some ambi CHs are better than others. I haven't had these long enough to determine their durability but they do seem built as well as other known brands. To me what's setting them apart from the others is the Breach's ergonomics. While these work as well as others they don't have the hard edges like most. The levers have smooth contours while still providing plenty grip.

I got both the large and small lever versions for the AR-15. Wanted to try both but can't decide which I like better, both are nice.

Has anyone else got theirs yet? What's your opinions?
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#1]
History of the World Part I: "Not Thrilling But Nice"
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 1:38:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I got 2 of them as well. I'm relatively new to AR-15s, but they feel great to me. I have huge hands, so the size large helps me out quite a bit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:14:49 AM EDT
[#3]
All AP products that I have used have been high quality
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 1:52:48 AM EDT
[#4]
What's your take on the large versus the small?
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:02:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's your take on the large versus the small?
View Quote

That's tough, I like them both. Aero did things somewhat different than other companies when comparing their Large vs Small. I've used the small mostly just because of bad weather here in TX but have hand cycled the Large some. Both feel great.

Small left, Large right

Small on top of large

There's not a lot of difference between the two in width, there's more of a difference in thickness/height of the levers. The small's levers taper down while the large's thicken.

Width:
Small 2.58"
Large 2.78"

Small left, Large right

Thickness of levers:
Small .35"
Large .47"

So the large is not just wider but also thicker. It's not so wide to be troublesome but adds girth for a bit more to grasp onto. The small isn't too small to be useless (like some other's) and provides enough lever to actuate. Both unlock smoothly.

Honestly I can't pick a favorite between the two. Need more time with both. Also got to try them in one of my scoped ARs.

If curious the weights:
Small 1.3 oz
Large 1.5 oz
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:03:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got 2 of them as well. I'm relatively new to AR-15s, but they feel great to me. I have huge hands, so the size large helps me out quite a bit.
View Quote

Did you get one of each size also or two of the same?

Yes I agree they are definitely better feeling than mil-spec. Beside having the ambi option they do also provide more to grab a hold of. Both the Geissele Super and Airborne CHs are also fantastic. The POF Strike Eagle is also another very nice option, it only comes in one size but they got it just about right, no complaints here. The Radian Raptor is another good one, I just don't like their SL model. A less costly ambi option with large levers is the Armaspec Victory if you don't mind sharp edges.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top