Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2020 10:30:42 PM EDT
Last week I bought the Adams arms 300blk piston kit. Was going to use a different HG but didn't like it. Plus I couldn't get the needed movement, even with a standard barrel nut.

So I ordered an extra nut for my HG and went to town with the dremel and cut it down. Should have enough room to operated now. If it doesn't work then it was just a $20 nut.

Hope I can get a dremel gunsmith badge by my name. :)
I'll test it tomorrow and see how it goes.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 3:06:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Just went out and ran about 30 rounds through it. Half subs and half supers.
no problems yet.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:21:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks good. just my 2 cents, I think you may have shortened up the barrel nut just a bit too much. As we designed the piston system around mil-spec dimensions, we like to see barrel nuts that are .85" long, after the modification. The top portion of your barrel nut looks shorter than .85", but if it works, keep on rockin!!

-Phil
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 7:07:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks good. just my 2 cents, I think you may have shortened up the barrel nut just a bit too much. As we designed the piston system around mil-spec dimensions, we like to see barrel nuts that are .85" long, after the modification. The top portion of your barrel nut looks shorter than .85", but if it works, keep on rockin!!

-Phil
View Quote
Funny you said that.
I have a buddy with a mini mill and lathe. I'm going to take the extra barrel nut I ordered (in case of a screw up) to him to get it machined better than I did with the dremel.
Even though it isn't perfect yet, it still feels great and I can already tell how much cleaner the chamber, mags, and everything are, after firing only a few rounds.
I appreciate the quick customer service I've gotten from AA.
Thanks Phil.

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top