Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2021 3:22:38 PM EDT
Just installed the MVB ARC PDW stock on my SBR and I'm having a bit of a cycling issue now. Empty case will eject and Hammer will recock but bolt won't go back far enough to load another round. Bought the stock used and it has an H3 buffer. Immediate concern is of course the buffer might be too heavy I was running an H2 and the carbine stock. Heavier buffers are supposed to reduce felt recoil right? So assuming it's too much mass and I need to reduce weight what if I went with a Adam's arms lightweight bolt carrier which is significantly lighter would the heavier buffer still cause The recoil to be reduced? Feels like a weird physics kind of thing that I'm not really sure which way is the better solution
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Use a H2 buffer ,the buffer isn’t for reducing felt recoil! A H3 would be used if you had a heavy barrel
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Our system was designed to work best when paired with a mil-spec 3 ounce buffer, a H2 or an H3 would most likely be too much weight for the piston system to operate correctly. Using a heavier buffer is a good way to compensate for any potential over gassing or heavy recoil. Fee free to send an email to us [email protected]

-Phil
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I had an H2 for years with my carbine stock. And it ran flawlessly. With the extra spring power in this Arc stock I really just swapped all the tungsten weights with steel weights down to  be a carbine weight and thus far it seems to be working well.

I also recently went from the original gas block to the P-Series micro adjustable block. I'll see what kind of adjustment I can manage with this weight otherwise I might swap out for a lightweight BCG anyways but as of now I'm going to stick with the standard BCG.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top