Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2018 8:53:43 PM EDT
I've got a Tennebrex (sp?) Killflash on my TA01.  Ive never used it without it. . The other day I was shooting at dusk and noticed that seeing objects in shadows was difficult.  I took off the killflash and it was like taking off sunglasses.

I'm tempted to just take the damn the off, but I like the protection it provides the front glass.

Anyone else run one of these and what are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t see the point unless you are in the middle of a desert. Put a LFU on and it gets worst. Looks cool though :)
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#2]
The anti laser device is even worse LOL.
I have the ARD on both my Acog but they are useless for most of us.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The anti laser device is even worse LOL.
I have the ARD on both my Acog but they are useless for most of us.
View Quote
They look cool
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I ditched mine.  The glass is so far recessed that I’ve never had a problem with scratches.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Agreed...killflash on an ACOG sucks. They do add to the cool look tacticool ninja factor though...which at the range gets you mad props from the BSA red dot crowd...but the real dudes/gals know you just put that on their for the looks ;)
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Killflash on a Aimpoint is even worse.

These tools are useless IMO outside of a combat zone.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#7]
It sucks that you can't put a flip cover on the front of a TA31 without having a killflash.

I had a special edition TA11 one time that was threaded on the front and had an aluminum killflash that screwed on/off with Tenebraex flip covers where you could remove the killflash and just keep the flip cover if you wanted.

I wish they would make a TA31 like this.  The rear flip cover was also way better than the terrible rubbery ones they sell for the TA31.

Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Not a fan of killflashes at all. Even in a combat environment.

The ACOG has a hood over the glass that does a very good job preventing glare off of the scope. A killflash is completely a hindrance to an otherwise very well designed optic.

Actually, unless you are literally a sniper, killflashes just kinda fuck up quick target acquisition and diminish the optic’s ability to gather light, this dimming the view within the scope.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top