Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2022 3:00:35 AM EDT
Tried to order 2 twenty round 300BLK Magpul mags from Primary Arms and processing the orders they have a pop up warning that ATF now controls all mag sales for more than 10 rounds. Says they would have to be shipped to a Firearms Dealer?   First time I’ve seen this and wondering if this is the law of the land? My State has no restrictions!
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 3:04:33 AM EDT
[#1]
That's strange. Did you get a screenshot?
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 3:11:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Overzealous compliance? PA has been pissing me off spamming me with email for shit I looked at when it was on sale. Yeah, Let me place that order now that its $70 more than it was yesterday. Spamming me 3x a fucking day makes me want to pay more.

Overzealous compliance with the aft will be the final straw.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 3:11:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Standard free state/non free state warning- no need to panic.

Screenshot below.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 3:31:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Seems reasonable.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 4:17:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Blanket statement that way if someone buys mags and transports them to another state that banned them, the dealer who sold said mags is not liable. It’s called CYA!

Think of it like those stupid signs that say; “Do not step or Do not eat.”.

No fucks given really.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 4:21:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Blanket statement that way if someone buys mags and transports them to another state that banned them, the dealer who sold said mags is not liable. It’s called CYA!

Think of it like those stupid signs that say; “Do not step or Do not eat.”.

No fucks given really.
View Quote

Or the warning on a chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with hands or genitals".

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 6:42:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Derp.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Stop doing business with companies that pull this crap.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Deleted
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:38:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Tried to order 2 twenty round 300BLK Magpul mags from Primary Arms and processing the orders they have a pop up warning that ATF now controls all mag sales for more than 10 rounds. Says they would have to be shipped to a Firearms Dealer?   First time I’ve seen this and wondering if this is the law of the land? My State has no restrictions!
View Quote

You should really post a picture so we understand what you’re talking about. If it’s the warning listed above by another poster I have no idea how you came to the conclusion you did.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Overzealous compliance? PA has been pissing me off spamming me with email for shit I looked at when it was on sale. Yeah, Let me place that order now that its $70 more than it was yesterday. Spamming me 3x a fucking day makes me want to pay more.

Overzealous compliance with the aft will be the final straw.
View Quote

Yeah their spam and popups on literally every click on their website when browsing parts is enough that I’m done with them.

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Seems reasonable.
View Quote

Alles Klar Herr Kommissar?  
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Standard free state/non free state warning- no need to panic.

Screenshot below.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/Screenshot_20221027-021014_png-2577540.JPG
View Quote

If this is all OP is referring to this entire thread needs to be nuked and OP should feel bad
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 10:07:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Op doesn’t feel bad, just I haven’t seen this before. Site said I’d have to ship my attempted purchase to a FFL dealer and wouldn’t ship to my home. Just shocked as I’ve ordered mags from them and others with no problems. With the current Administration who knows what they are capable of. Not trying to be an alarmist just passing current info. Went to another site to buy my magazines.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 10:18:18 PM EDT
[#17]
And Primary arms lost a customer.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Primary Arms changed their policies as of last month. They won't ship a laundry list to several states, even though those items are not "assault weapon" specific parts. I will never order from them again
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Primary Arms changed their policies as of last month. They won't ship a laundry list to several states, even though those items are not "assault weapon" specific parts. I will never order from them again
View Quote

PA will not ship anything to MA, not even a hat.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
does the state that your VPN routes through have one though?
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 10:54:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

PA will not ship anything to MA, not even a hat.
View Quote

Was on a road trip and stopped into Buds Gunshop and they wouldn’t even sell a soft rifle case.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#22]
ATF controls magazines?
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
ATF controls magazines?
View Quote

Yeah, just visited the site. Whoever wrote that shit is an idiot.  
All they had to do was state that they can't ship magazines to all states.
Instead they went full retard. Never go full retard.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 5:54:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Op doesn't feel bad, just I haven't seen this before. Site said I'd have to ship my attempted purchase to a FFL dealer and wouldn't ship to my home. Just shocked as I've ordered mags from them and others with no problems. With the current Administration who knows what they are capable of. Not trying to be an alarmist just passing current info. Went to another site to buy my magazines.
View Quote

@rg1

Can you provide a screenshot or something cuz I'd like to see this
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Went to Primary Arms to order 10 Lancer 30rd mags. The pop didn't show up. But there was a little drop down stating the items were regulated by the ATF and certain states.
I was able to complete the sale just fine.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yeah, just visited the site. Whoever wrote that shit is an idiot.  
All they had to do was state that they can't ship magazines to all states.
Instead they went full retard. Never go full retard.
View Quote

Hmmm never say never comes to mind...........LOL
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 9:45:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Went to Primary Arms to order 10 Lancer 30rd mags. The pop didn't show up. But there was a little drop down stating the items were regulated by the ATF and certain states.
I was able to complete the sale just fine.
View Quote

I have never saw/seen the 1st mentioned signafge on P/A.myself.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 12:52:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Went back to PA website and the restriction of shipping to an FFL dealer is now not a requirement for 10 plus rd mags for my  State????  Maybe a computer malfunction that has been corrected?
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 1:44:14 AM EDT
[#29]
FUCK THE ATF, AND THE FUCKS LIKE THEM!
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah their spam and popups on literally every click on their website when browsing parts is enough that I’m done with them.

View Quote

Why are you looking at spam and popups. I've never seen either.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 6:56:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Primary Arms is excellent. Also you live in CA, where the entire state pulls this crap.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 7:49:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Saw a similar note when I ordered a couple 7.62X39 magazines the other day.  Didn't slow anything down, got the mags, in 3 or 4 days.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Stop living in a shitty state that sues magazine retailers
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Take a weekend trip to a state that doesn't restrict magazines.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:05:52 PM EDT
[#35]
I just bought a package deal from PSA that include 10 30rd PMags and never saw that or. Had any issues. Shipped just fine and I received them in like 4 days.

Seems to me that might be a seller/sight specific thing.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 11:10:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Were you trying in your cell phone? My IP pops as 300 miles away on my work messenger sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Has PA addressed the whole credit card MCC code issue that flags and snitches you out for buying from any company thats MCC code is classified as firearms related, whether or not the purchase is actually for firearms or firearms parts v.s. something like a hat or wool socks?? Or did everyone (including PA) forget that is a real thing?

Vendors need to step up and protect customer security by not retaining records on non controlled items sales (not legally required other than that a random sale took place for tax purposes, think cash sale receipt), offer alternate non MCC coded payment options etc. or get dropped. How many times do good folks need to be raided over seized sales records of legal items before we start voting with our wallets? We all need to be demanding this and stick to it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:01:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Has PA addressed the whole credit card MCC code issue that flags and snitches you out for buying from any company thats MCC code is classified as firearms related, whether or not the purchase is actually for firearms or firearms parts v.s. something like a hat or wool socks?? Or did everyone (including PA) forget that is a real thing?

Vendors need to step up and protect customer security by not retaining records on non controlled items sales (not legally required other than that a random sale took place for tax purposes, think cash sale receipt), offer alternate non MCC coded payment options etc. or get dropped. How many times do good folks need to be raided over seized sales records of legal items before we start voting with our wallets? We all need to be demanding this and stick to it.
View Quote

How is this PA's problem?  They don't decide on the code, the credit card companies do.  The fact that everything sold by a company gets the same code "whether or not the purchase is actually for firearms or firearms parts v.s. something like a hat or wool socks" is a positive, not a negative.  It tells the credit card company nothing about what you purchased.  

Blame the credit card companies and not the companies like PA.  As you say, start voting with your wallet.  Pay by check.

I do agree about keeping customer purchase records.  Every company does this, not just PA.  I wish companies would give an option at checkout to keep a record in your purchase history or to delete it after a period of time.  They would have to maintain the record for some period of time in case of a product return, credit card dispute, warranty, etc. Maybe an option to delete after a year?
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 4:59:08 PM EDT
[#39]
what would you be buying magazines for anyway.......
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#40]
PA shall remain, by far, my go to place for guns and gun shit. Just wish they would step up their ammo game.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top