Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2021 2:01:27 PM EDT
I know the SB15 is one that has an approval letter, is there a list of all braces that have been specifically approved by the ATF?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#1]
rule of law is dead. act accordingly
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#2]
My hunch by February it will not matter. All will be on the not approved list.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The sliding one for the MPX, it is literally exactly like the stock, except the flaps to go around your arm.
As soon as biden finishes saying the oath on the chinese bible, I'm sure atf going to do what atf does.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]
This came from the latest ATF FOIA dump, for what it's worth....

FOIA dump

Around page 67 (labeled p.484).

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Tailhook is a whole lot more like a stock than the SBA-3, as are a couple others.  I will give this the appropriate attention it deserves.....nada
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#8]
THey withdrew it because they knew an awb is coming.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:24:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Tailhook is a whole lot more like a stock than the SBA-3, as are a couple others.  I will give this the appropriate attention it deserves.....nada
View Quote

The tailhook works excellent as a brace, probably the best of any of them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:23:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's a lot more than that. Here are some of the bills they've already gotten ready. https://www.guns.com/news/2021/01/07/and-here-come-the-anti-gun-bills-for-2021?fbclid=IwAR3aOL07P7wXK7dzKSiWrA-PXXfihwAmM4HdkMIujBJBPzYlI4l-PGr3wnI
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
rule of law is dead. act accordingly
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not unless they eliminate the filibuster, and I don't think even they are that foolish.  But, dems will be dems so.....
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:28:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not unless they eliminate the filibuster, and I don't think even they are that foolish.  But, dems will be dems so.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Schumer has already said it's gone. The only holdout so far is Manchin and he is pretty much a POS. Schumer will buy him off. I also wouldn't rule out Rmoney or Murk going for it, I mean, they are pretty much Democrats anyways. Also Collins is to worry, she isn't running again, so she has nothing to lose.
Feinstein is finally going to get her Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them in.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:46:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#15]
All of them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Schumer has already said it's gone. The only holdout so far is Manchin and he is pretty much a POS. Schumer will buy him off. I also wouldn't rule out Rmoney or Murk going for it, I mean, they are pretty much Democrats anyways. Also Collins is to worry, she isn't running again, so she has nothing to lose.
View Quote

Luckily its not up to just Schumer. Manchin already counts in the 50, even if you add Romney, Murk and Collins you are still only at 53, 54 with Kamalas vote and you need 60 to get it to a vote. You say you wouldnt rule our Romney or Murk but explain to me how it would be in any of their interest to blow away the filibuster? This is beyond a gun issue, blowing away the filibuster has much much farther reaching consequence than just guns. I just don't see it happening and I don't see any Republican's, regardless of how left leaning they may be, going for it.

As for braces I think all of the available ones have letters but it wont matter if the ATF can just change their minds on a whim about them. So dont worry about it and get whatever you want.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Kamala doesn't get a vote unless there is a 50-50 tie... Just sayin'
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#18]
My local gun shops still have the braces on their guns for sale, so I'm assuming it's still legal.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:07:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:19:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Plenty of manufacturers using SBA3 braces on production firearms.  I know that doesn’t instantly mean ATF won’t go after them, though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Luckily its not up to just Schumer. Manchin already counts in the 50, even if you add Romney, Murk and Collins you are still only at 53, 54 with Kamalas vote and you need 60 to get it to a vote. You say you wouldnt rule our Romney or Murk but explain to me how it would be in any of their interest to blow away the filibuster? This is beyond a gun issue, blowing away the filibuster has much much farther reaching consequence than just guns. I just don't see it happening and I don't see any Republican's, regardless of how left leaning they may be, going for it.

As for braces I think all of the available ones have letters but it wont matter if the ATF can just change their minds on a whim about them. So dont worry about it and get whatever you want.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit: to GD or Politics. Don't want the thread nuked.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top