Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/17/2020 2:38:51 PM EDT
My plan was to SBR a short (7-9”) 9MM upper with a 1/2x28 Barrel so I can thread my SWR 9mm trident on the end.

I found a 7.5” Foxtrot Mike upper with the trilug on the EE and snagged it up. I didn’t realize Trilug doesn’t thread off the barrel, it’s built in.

I threw it on my SBR lower, and ran a bunch of rounds through it Sunday (Stern Defense Glock mag adapter).

It was a BLAST! And ran perfect! Love it more so than my Scorpion.

Any ideas on swapping out the barrel for a 1/2x28 threaded? Can I use any barrel? Is there a barrel nut under the handgaurd just like a normal AR15?
I found a Trilug adapter but it’s $130.00.

Not sure what to do here. I found a Foxtrot Mike 9” barrel that I guess I could move over to, but not sure if that’s my only choice.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Faxon barrels are 1/2-28. I would just swap barrels it will probably be cheaper than a 3 lug adapter. Or if you know a shop that can cut and thread you could go that route.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Faxon barrels are 1/2-28. I would just swap barrels it will probably be cheaper than a 3 lug adapter. Or if you know a shop that can cut and thread you could go that route.
View Quote
Perfect! Found one for $119.

Do you know about the swap - standard AR15 armors wrench will work?
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I vote for the 3 lug mount for the trident. it's the setup I run. you can also used the 3 lug adapters on other guns. I run it on a fm 9 with the 3 lug mount on my trident, quick on and off. also use it on my MP5K clone sbr, sub 2000 and down the road on a rossi 92 in 357 ( once I get it threaded for a 3 lug mount).
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Perfect! Found one for $119.

Do you know about the swap - standard AR15 armors wrench will work?
View Quote
Standard armors wrench will work
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I vote for the 3 lug mount for the trident. it's the setup I run. you can also used the 3 lug adapters on other guns. I run it on a fm 9 with the 3 lug mount on my trident, quick on and off. also use it on my MP5K clone sbr, sub 2000 and down the road on a rossi 92 in 357 ( once I get it threaded for a 3 lug mount).
View Quote
You have very good points. I had just planned to hopefully send the can to SiCo to move to the Octane mounts, but they didn't respond to my e-mails about the can filling up with lead and not being able to clean it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#6]
need to shoot jacketed or coated lead. I never shoot straight lead in a can that can't be taken apart.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
need to shoot jacketed or coated lead. I never shoot straight lead in a can that can't be taken apart.
View Quote

Sorry, Carbon buildup - not lead. The only bullets that have been ran through it are 115gr FMJ 9mm and 147gr plated 9mm.

The can is 9 years old, and I have no clue how many thousands of rounds are through it. I’d guess at least 2-3K a year.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#8]
ultrasonic
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top