Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/26/2021 5:48:15 PM EDT
Looking at cost options for an AR9 build and I have 3 options. The options below are using existing parts and lowers etc.

Option 1 - AR9 EPC dedicated lower glock mag and parts

$550

Option 2 - EndoMags and 2 standard lowers

$560

Option 3 - AR9 EPC dedicated lower glock mags and parts

$860

Option 1 gives me 1 EPC 9 lower for AR9 and one standard lower to share between 556 and 22 uppers.

Option 2 gives me 2 standard lowers and can swap 22/9 or 556/22 out as needed. Allows for any combo with buffer swaps.

Option 3 give 3 full dedicated setups for 9 22 and 556. AR9 would be dedicated and can’t be swapped cause of EPC9 lower.

What is the best option?
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 11:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I’d go Brandon!
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 8:55:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’d go Brandon!
View Quote

Lol not one of the options. But might be the front runner right now!
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Option 2 gives me 2 standard lowers and can swap 22/9 or 556/22 out as needed. Allows for any combo with buffer swaps.
View Quote

With Endo's you can get by with just one lower receiver.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Living in CT your going to be limited to 10 rounds anyhow..

I personally like an option that i can use a standard lower.

This way if i get tired of a 9mm or I find out i don't use it enough i still can reuse that lower for another build etc..

Than it comes down to be which way is the best way to go.. Conversion piece using glock mags or the endomags.. You will be in the same ball park for mag cost...

The glock mag might be advantage due to using it in a pistol or another rifle like the ruger pcc if you think its something you get into ..

When i did mine only reason i went with the stern sig/mp conversion is my wife carries the p320c and i carry a mp so it was a win win for me.. I had a ton of mags already.

I don't own a glock.. or this would have been the route i would have went.. I wanted a ruger pcc but couldn't find one due to the panic buying.

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Living in CT your going to be limited to 10 rounds anyhow..

I personally like an option that i can use a standard lower.

This way if i get tired of a 9mm or I find out i don't use it enough i still can reuse that lower for another build etc..

Than it comes down to be which way is the best way to go.. Conversion piece using glock mags or the endomags.. You will be in the same ball park for mag cost...

The glock mag might be advantage due to using it in a pistol or another rifle like the ruger pcc if you think its something you get into ..

When i did mine only reason i went with the stern sig/mp conversion is my wife carries the p320c and i carry a mp so it was a win win for me.. I had a ton of mags already.

I don't own a glock.. or this would have been the route i would have went.. I wanted a ruger pcc but couldn't find one due to the panic buying.

View Quote

Also I am just finding out this morning my Bear Creek upper I already own is not compatible with the endomags. So it sounds like I need to go with the dedicated lower at this point.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Also can either get the Aero lower with no bolt hold open (my upper doesn’t have it) or go with the spikes that has LRBHO for a little cost more.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Also I am just finding out this morning my Bear Creek upper I already own is not compatible with the endomags. So it sounds like I need to go with the dedicated lower at this point.
View Quote

And why is that?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top