Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/6/2018 4:42:03 PM EDT
Hello,

New here and new to AR9 builds. I have a few questions if anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated.

UPPER/LOWER: Gibbz G9
BCG: Gibbz G9 (16.8oz) 9mm BCG
BARREL: BA 5.5"
SUPRESSOR: SiCo Omega9K Or Rugged Obsidian9 (short config)

My question and confusion is with the buffer weight and spring I should use as I will be running this suppressed mainly if not entirely. I'd like to run 115,124,147s.

Gibbz says their BCG is heavier than most at 16.8oz and to use a Carbine Buffer (3ish oz) and carbine spring. I'm not sure if anyone would advise otherwise.

Anyone offer any advice?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#1]
For what it's worth, I run a JP SCS and JP BCG my AR9 runs flawlessly with every kind of ammo I have tried 115, 124 and 147.  I now only stock 147 but that is because I run a silencer and 147s are subsonic out of my 4.5 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Good to know. What is the physical weight of the JP BCG?

Gibbz says they engineered theirs heavier at 16.8oz intentional to be able to run standard H 3oz to 3.4oz buffers.

Which JP SCS specifically? Normal, Enhanced or Short Stroke?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good to know. What is the physical weight of the JP BCG?

Gibbz says they engineered theirs heavier at 16.8oz intentional to be able to run standard H 3oz to 3.4oz buffers.

Which JP SCS specifically? Normal, Enhanced or Short Stroke?
View Quote
Don't know the weight, don't have a scale that will measure it but it is the standard 9mm SCS and standard spring.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:14:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Just for comparison, my stock 10.5 inch PSA 9mm AR uses a 5 ounce buffer, carbine spring and the bolt weighs 14.1 oz.  
It shoots 115 -147 both light and hot loads without a single failure so far.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top