Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/24/2022 10:50:55 PM EDT
Been running a PSA EPT trigger paired with a JP yellow spring and a BRA enhanced firing pin, around a 4lb pull weight but getting good primer hits only about 90% of the time. I know, light spring no good for combloc primers. So I went back to a standard spring and now I’m up to 6lb pull. Shooting WPA steel cased. What’s a better choice you all have had luck with for reliable primer strikes on a single stage trigger without killing the pull weight?
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:59:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say something from hyperfire is what you seek. I have one of their triggers in my AR47 pistol and it has about a 2.5 lb trigger pull weight because of the extra spings it hits the primers with supposedly 35% more force. all I know is it works even on cheap Tula ammo. back when I bought mine I think it was called a G24 or something now they call them hypertouch, stupid name but awesome triggers.

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 8:03:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would say something from hyperfire is what you seek. I have one of their triggers in my AR47 pistol and it has about a 2.5 lb trigger pull weight because of the extra spings it hits the primers with supposedly 35% more force. all I know is it works even on cheap Tula ammo. back when I bought mine I think it was called a G24 or something now they call them hypertouch, stupid name but awesome triggers.

https://i.imgur.com/reWrwdd.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sqxU7Iv.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for including the pictures. I hadn’t visualized just how aggressive those extra springs are, looks like it’ll hit hard. I’ve had a few others recommend the Hiperfire too, sounds like it’s the way to go. Nice pistol, I’m running the 16” version of that upper. Cheapest upper I ever bought and probably my favorite right now, lots of fun, I swapped the firing pin and gas block on mine and other than my trigger issue it runs great.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:30:40 AM EDT
[#3]
your welcome, and I hope it helps. and thanks for the compliment, I love this little blaster, it's a hell of a lot of fun. its got a 8.5'' green mountain barrel but the handguard and the side charging upper is BCA. I have thought about a longer version just to see how accurate I could make it but just never got around to it. I have SKS rifles and even a model M and an SA93 AK so just never got beyond the thought of a build.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 1:42:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Velocity makes a special trigger just for the 7.62x39 guns, called the 'Steel Case' trigger.
Said to have a 4 lb. pull, and set off any hard primers.

Don't fall for it...
Have one here, and the damn pull was close to 6 lbs., and rougher than a trigger on a chinese SKS!
Honed it to get the roughness out, and actually got the pull down to just under 4 lbs., but it has a shit load of creep, and had intermittent FTF.
Waste of money.

Also had tried an Elftman, that the Chief Elf claimed would set off any military ammo, and would break like glass.
Didn't do either.
Well, it did set off 17 of 20 rounds after Chief Elf sent a heavier spring, then it took set, and started failing, while being mushy as a week old banana...
Tried to talk to him about maybe changing his heat treat on the springs, only to find out they don't heat treat them.
Then he got sarcastic, and said he doesn't understand why anyone would want to use Mil-Surplus ammo in the first place.

Some of these manufactures are real clowns.

Now I have a TriggerTech trigger, and love it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 12:16:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Just finished a 22lr build, and from research went with the hipertouch reflex. Great trigger that hits hard, I'll be installing another one when I start the 7.62 build.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:46:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I use a larue mbt1s in an x39 without any light strikes.  Not a great trigger though - slight improvement over milspec.  ....which might be why they don't offer them anymore.  Mbt2s works well on another x39 and 6.5G(with wolf) if you decide to go 2 stage.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I've had no issues using an ALG ACT with the mil spec spring. Reliable and not that expensive.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 6:33:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Another vote for Hiperfire trigger.  Mine is about 2.8# on a mechanical pull gauge, d@mn fine trigger with sledgehammer force.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top