Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/6/2023 8:03:28 PM EDT
Does anyone have a source for a buttstock weight?

Midway and Rock River Arms have been showing out of stock for quite a while.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#1]
White Oak Armament and Compass Lake Engr. show them in stock.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:12:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Edit: NM I see its out of stock
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:19:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Back in the old DCM days, I used to fill the buttstock of an old Colt H-Bar Match Target with #9 lead shot.

RCA
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I own one and took it out because it's too damn heavy. Have you ever tried one?
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own one and took it out because it's too damn heavy. Have you ever tried one?
View Quote

Sometimes a 17 pound rifle makes sense....lead weight in the buttstock and under the handguard...Of course, I'd be foolish to take it to a carbine class.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:36:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sometimes a 17 pound rifle makes sense....lead weight in the buttstock and under the handguard...Of course, I'd be foolish to take it to a carbine class.
https://i.imgur.com/Uxes1Rgm.jpg
View Quote
.338LM+, yes.

AR15, no.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#7]
just make your own like I did

Go to Home Depot or Lowes look in the roofing section and find the roll of lead flashing.

Buy a few feet fold and beat it into a shape that fits in the buttstock
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#8]
You can get some lead roll flashing. They use it for roofing.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/Uxes1Rgm.jpg
View Quote

Its even more important offhand since a heavier rifle should be pretty hard to flail around although some of my friends are pretty good at it

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked up some dicarded wheel weights at a tire shop. Stuffed 'em with a rag so they wouldn't rattle.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I still use them but cut some off the pointy end to adjust balance. Putting them in plastic bag or seran wrap makes the weight easier to remove if needed.

White oak prob still has them maybe creedmoor, not much demand as A1/2 stocks are out of favor these days for service rifle.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Bird shot in a plastic baggy worked well enough when I was shooting high power.  The store bought stock weights are probably better.

Paladin
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top