Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2023 12:02:57 PM EDT
Hello Ladies & Gents,

I am an avid powerwasher (vehicles, house, etc...) I want to fabricate a legitimate upper/lower combo into a power washer gun that i can attach a soap cannon to. These already exist & are boo koo dollars. The only question i have atm is what steps would i need to take w/ the lower to disable it or convert to a non firearm? If I had access to machining tools i would just work w/ an 80% lower, so the standard lower will be much easier to work with.

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:11:40 PM EDT
[#1]
In

Will probably get way more ideas and eyes in GD though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hello Ladies & Gents,

I am an avid powerwasher (vehicles, house, etc...) I want to fabricate a legitimate upper/lower combo into a power washer gun that i can attach a soap cannon to. These already exist & are boo koo dollars. The only question i have atm is what steps would i need to take w/ the lower to disable it or convert to a non firearm? If I had access to machining tools i would just work w/ an 80% lower, so the standard lower will be much easier to work with.

https://deberti.com/cdn/shop/products/image_4e64b478-7730-4215-af48-635dcd707431_2000x.jpg?v=1615326074
View Quote

Dude this is awesome! I want one of these! What can I do to have you make one?
Just did a major patio cleanse and the POS I got is leaking from every seal on its engine!
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#3]
WANT!
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 3:09:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hello Ladies & Gents,

https://deberti.com/cdn/shop/products/image_4e64b478-7730-4215-af48-635dcd707431_2000x.jpg?v=1615326074
View Quote

As you know, the lower is the weapon. I don't know that there is anything you can do to make it no longer a weapon. I've read where people have asked what amount of work can be done to an 80% lower receiver and it still be considered an "80% lower" (not a weapon). People were saying that if it's machined at all then it's a lower receiver (the weapon). I don't know if this is as cut & dry or not. It may instead have EVERYTHING to do with 'intent'. The reason I say "intent" is because you can buy a hand grenade sold as a decoration/paper weight, but you can also make it functional (go boom). If you turn a novelty hand grenade into a water sprinkler ... it's still just a novelty.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Man, that's so ridiculous I want one now!
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As you know, the lower is the weapon. I don't know that there is anything you can do to make it no longer a weapon. I've read where people have asked what amount of work can be done to an 80% lower receiver and it still be considered an "80% lower" (not a weapon). People were saying that if it's machined at all then it's a lower receiver (the weapon). I don't know if this is as cut & dry or not. It may instead have EVERYTHING to do with 'intent'. The reason I say "intent" is because you can buy a hand grenade sold as a decoration/paper weight, but you can also make it functional (go boom). If you turn a novelty hand grenade into a water sprinkler ... it's still just a novelty.
View Quote

That begs the question, what separates an 80% from a metal airsoft that has the same dimensions. I’m wondering how this is any different than a collector’s item that has been disabled (hollowed out grenade) for show? This would be completely modified for pressure wash use only.

Are non operational firearms still regulated? I’m not sure it even matters if I’m not traveling w/ it.

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That begs the question, what separates an 80% from a metal airsoft that has the same dimensions. I’m wondering how this is any different than a collector’s item that has been disabled (hollowed out grenade) for show? This would be completely modified for pressure wash use only.

Are non operational firearms still regulated? I’m not sure it even matters if I’m not traveling w/ it.

View Quote

Hey if you can make one from an Airsoft lower receiver then you're golden (only if it fits) no matter what the argument is, even if you were to travel with it. I can just picture some snowflake seeing some dude pressure washing with what looks like an EVIL BLACK RIFLE and them calling the police.

I don't know if airsoft lowers fit a real upper though. I wouldn't think so.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I would think an 80% would be the way to go.  You could mill out only the area(s) you need for the "trigger" and water inlet, and no worries about classification.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#9]
It looks like you can pick up an aluminum airsoft receiver set that is compatible w/ almost all ar15 parts. A number of companies like DD make licensed parts. I'll keep you guys updated when the stuff comes in.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 4:55:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I would think you would be better off starting with an 80%. Any tools you would need to convert a firearm into a pressure washer would be the same tools you need to use an 80% lower. It's not like you need to complete the pocket to spec, you just need to drill it out to accommodate a hose and fit the actuator in there somewhere.

You mostly need a drill, bits, and taps to fit the various hose fittings and whatnot.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 7:17:38 AM EDT
[#11]
The comments at the bottom of TFB articles are always as entertaining as they are here!

"Car Washing is Fun Again!"
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#12]
AirSoft or paintball parts are the thing to use.  That way you're not using any "real" gun parts.  Also, the larger parts (upper & lower receiver, hand guards) are usually only housings for non-gun internals, and may give you more room for washgun parts.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Bump. Want to see how this turns out.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top