Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/14/2022 5:06:22 PM EDT
I've recently been buying up several guns, including AR's and I've gotten to the point where I know enough to know I don't know enough. I've been trying out different pistol grips, and I've run out of washers. I know I don't have to use them all the time, but I prefer to do things properly. I was wondering if I could buy a cheap box on amazon with free next day shipping, instead of ordering from brownells or optics planet and having to pay twice the price in shippling and waiting a few days for it to arrive. Does anyone know what size washer I would need. It would be great if I could just buy 100 of them and not have to worry it anymore. thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The right thing to use is a 1/4" external tooth Keps lockwasher - they should be available at almost any hardware store for the cheap.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, those would work fine.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, much appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#5]
just wondering, if you're using the socket-head cap screw instead of the slotted screw, would an internal-tooth lock-washer be more appropriate?
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 1:44:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
just wondering, if you're using the socket-head cap screw instead of the slotted screw, would an internal-tooth lock-washer be more appropriate?
View Quote

Yes.  The socket head is too narrow and will sit inside the teeth without touching them.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top