Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2023 10:20:34 PM EDT
The Transferable Early Guatemalan Gun on a Specialty Arms Receiver MG sold for 30K with Buyers hit (15% Cash). The Hahn Semi Portuguese Contract gun sold for $9200 with Buyers hit at 15%. The MG was a VERY good buy. The Hahn was a bit high with a rough brl (IMHO).

PTRS
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:37:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The Transferable Early Guatemalan Gun on a Specialty Arms Receiver MG sold for 30K with Buyers hit (15% Cash). The Hahn Semi Portuguese Contract gun sold for $9200 with Buyers hit at 15%. The MG was a VERY good buy. The Hahn was a bit high with a rough brl (IMHO).

PTRS
View Quote

The Hahn price was spot on. If one wants an actual (rewelded) original reciever. Many go for over $10K.

https://www.icollector.com/HAHN-REWELD-SEMIAUTOMATIC-PORTUGESE-AR10-RIFLE_i48505573

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Hahn price was spot on. If one wants an actual (rewelded) original reciever. Many go for over $10K.
https://dygtyjqp7pi0m.cloudfront.net/i/60301/48505573_3m.jpg?v=8DB532050F3C8F0
https://www.icollector.com/HAHN-REWELD-SEMIAUTOMATIC-PORTUGESE-AR10-RIFLE_i48505573

View Quote

I agree that a $9K price migtht be fair for a Hahn re-weld AR10.  Some folks are scared to death of any re-weld, and others highly prefer the Hahn.
Here is a 2010 thread on another forum where a Hahn re-weld was discussed, price of $4K back then. - it shows that some folks are completely convinced that the Hahn's are not legal.

Anyhow, there are many more features besides the receiver that contribute to (or detract from) the value of a Dutch AR10 kit gun.
For the Portuguese variant....
Ugly replacement furniture is a bummer
Originality of the stock, many plastic/composite replacements
Presence of a bipod
Specially milled scope-ready upper
and of course condition matters
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I agree that a $9K price migtht be fair for a Hahn re-weld AR10.  Some folks are scared to death of any re-weld, and others highly prefer the Hahn.
Here is a 2010 thread on another forum where a Hahn re-weld was discussed, price of $4K back then. - it shows that some folks are completely convinced that the Hahn's are not legal.

Anyhow, there are many more features besides the receiver that contribute to (or detract from) the value of a Dutch AR10 kit gun.
Presence of a bipod
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://dygtyjqp7pi0m.cloudfront.net/i/60301/48505573_3m.jpg?v=8DB532050F3C8F0

Presence of a bipod

Many confuse the Wilkie/Canadian AR-10s with the Hahn becasue Hahn bought kits from Wilkie.  As you know, Canadian law only stipulated that full auto parts were modified to semi only and/or a block was welded to prevent the selector from switching to full auto- Canada didn't care if the receiver stayed in tact. Hahn rewelded saw cut receivers which was completely legal at the time- just as it's legal to own a saw cut in half Maramount M60 receiver (transferable). They are grandfathered just as open bolt semi autos are still legal to own if made before 1982. ATF is aware of Hahn receivers and they are legal. Some Wilkie versions slipped over the border over the last four decades and those are the ones ATF would be interested in.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top