Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/16/2019 4:23:11 PM EDT
Seriously contemplating doing an AR10 as my next 80% build....  So far done a few AR15s and a couple of AR9s.  Does anyone make a good complete build kit?  I am looking at the one from Ceratac and read the thread on here.  It almost seems to be too good of a price.  I had it spec'd out at around $575.

I guess my only question is, pretty much all AR 10 80% lowers are going to be DPMS style, right?  I'd eventually like to go with a 6.5 creed upper as I've got a couple 6.5 bolt guns.

Are there any AR10 specific tools needed or will everything for the 15 builds work with a 10?  I'll be using a 5D jig.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Seriously contemplating doing an AR10 as my next 80% build....  So far done a few AR15s and a couple of AR9s.  Does anyone make a good complete build kit?  I am looking at the one from Ceratac and read the thread on here.  It almost seems to be too good of a price.  I had it spec'd out at around $575.

I guess my only question is, pretty much all AR 10 80% lowers are going to be DPMS style, right?  I'd eventually like to go with a 6.5 creed upper as I've got a couple 6.5 bolt guns.

Are there any AR10 specific tools needed or will everything for the 15 builds work with a 10?  I'll be using a 5D jig.
View Quote
I did one of these in stainless and 22 inch barrel. They are pricey but very high quality
https://jtactical.com/products/27
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The Ceratac is NOT a DPMS platform. It's a AR10A/SR762/SR25 platform. I'm the one the built the rifle in that thread, any questions, just ask.

I can also direct you to a place to get info on the same rifle, without using the 5d tactical jig, and Ceratac adapter if you plan on using a regular end mill.

Edit: saw you were using 5d tactical, is it the pro jig? You need the Ceratac jig adapter, it's made by 5d tactical for this rifle.

The barrel nut required a 1 3/8" wrench. You'd probably want an sr25 lower vise block and most likely an upper vise block for Ar10. Plastixrevolution.net has and upper vise block that fits AR 15/10, and a lower vise block, both fit the Ceratac upper and lower. Beyond that, your AR 15 tools will work. I also used a couple extra barrel nut shims to time barrel nut to hand guard (these are larger diameter than AR 15 shims). YMMV
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:42:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Edit: saw you were using 5d tactical, is it the pro jig? You need the Ceratac jig adapter, it's made by 5d tactical for this rifle.

The barrel nut required a 1 3/8" wrench. You'd probably want an sr25 lower vise block and most likely an upper vise block for Ar10. Plastixrevolution.net has and upper vise block that fits AR 15/10, and a lower vise block, both fit the Ceratac upper and lower. Beyond that, your AR 15 tools will work. I also used a couple extra barrel nut shims to time barrel nut to hand guard (these are larger diameter than AR 15 shims). YMMV
View Quote
Yes, it is the pro jig.....  No, I didn't know that Ceratac had their own jig adapter.  I see where that option is available but didn't realize it was Ceratac specific.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:25:26 AM EDT
[#4]
It's specific to those sr762 lowers such as what comes in the Ceratac kit.

It differs from the black end plate and black take down pin conversion kit that 5d offers in ar10/308 jig pro.

This is direct from 5d tactical

'Note: The .308/AR-10 5D Tactical Jig Pro is not compatible with Cerro Forge Ruger SR-762 Style 80% lowers. We offer an additional conversion kit for this style of 80% lower through CERATAC.'
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top