Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/18/2020 2:33:02 AM EDT
I remember that in the past DPMS and maybe some other companies made an AR mag that used the notch in the back of the mag to single stack some extra long COAL competition loads. I think they were either 8 or 10rd.

I can not seem to find them anywhere.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks.

tsh77769
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 8:39:33 AM EDT
[#1]
6.8 mag ?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Cavity Back Bullets has (had) 10 round modified mags for $50 each.  OUCH!  To make matters worse, I have not seen them in stock for about a year.  Why leave them on the page if they are never in stock?  But, you can use their pictures to modify PRI mags yourself.  That's what I did.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:12:31 AM EDT
[#3]
No, not 6.8 mags.

5.56 mags that used the notch at the rear to load extra long 5.56 loads.

tsh77769
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]
They have them (when in stock that is) for 5.56 also.  If it is removed from the front or the back, I wouldn't think that would make much difference.  Point was, take a PRI mag and have the front milled wide enough and deep enough to load up longer than normal rounds.  I don't think you can cut the slot deeper than 10 rounds on the 5.56 magazine, and maybe not that deep.  You might want to try it on cheaper CPD mags before cutting up a $40 PRI magazine.  Cutting out the mag really does not gain you a whole lot of length anyway.  I did cut a magazine for one of my 6.8 cats to see what would happen and I think I could only gain about .025 inch over the normal PRI length of 2.300 inch, which would be the same for a PRI 5.56 magazine also.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top